Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Caring for the Home





This past weekend was a whirlwind of events - we went to a beautiful outdoor wedding, caught up with old friends at their farm, had people over for a barbecue (my son grilled the most amazing arachera which is actually skirt steak from Costco) AND took all the kids swimming at a new pool/waterpark!  When we get that busy I like to look forward to a "down" week at home and catching up with all that needs attention.

Really, my heart is in my home. I love it and like tending to what needs to be done here. I don't like when things start slowly unraveling here either. I quickly want to get things together so I can restore the peace and order so things can run smoothly. I love a home that is relaxing and peaceful so that you can focus on the important things. I also love that the children are all here to give me a helping hand.


This week I will catch up with the laundry, pull out the rest of the summer clothes, do the yard work, till the garden and hopefully get some veggies in, declutter some small areas like my linen closet and wrap up our homeschool by giving out final assignments, creating report cards, and planning a small ceremony and party.

A homemaker's life is full. I love it and so grateful to my husband who works so hard so that I can afford to stay home. It is not something that I take for granted - in fact, the older I get, the more I realize that it is a precious gift to have this time with my children. I really want to hear them, know them and grow closer to them. I am grateful to have people in my home to love.

I cherish the simple things in life, and part of being a wise woman is being able to discern what is important and what is not. May God give us all an extra measure of wisdom to focus on what truly matters and what we can do without.

As my children grow older I know how precious and fleeting time is. I know that when one of them gets married it will change the dynamic of our family life and home. These moments I get to be with them now are special and I want them to always remember what home life was like--a safe place for them, full of laughter and love.

Sweet ladies, may we all build homes centered on the love of our Savior--full of patience, mercy, and grace!




"Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock" ~Matthew 7:24














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your heart. God just used you to refocuse me! I too am a homemaker and should honestly be taking account of the precious gifts that God has blessed me with. Thank you again for being so transparent with sharing!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: