Have you taken specific action steps to mentor your children on a daily basis?
I know that we all get busy and feel it is not always possible to do so, but here is a quick checklist of questions that you can ask yourself to add into your day.
1. Did I pray for or with my children today?
2. Did I lead them to God's Word today?
3. Did I give them wise advice/ godly counsel today?
4. Did I disciple them today? (verbally or by example/action)
5. Can I teach them something new from the Bible today?
6. Can I share with them what God is doing in my life or what He has done in the past?
7. Did I give them resources to help them grow closer to God? (Like a Bible, encouraging books that point them to God)
8. Did I walk beside them and encourage them in the Lord?
9. Did I tell them that I love them and hug them today?
10. Did I listen to them today?
11. Did I reach out and try to call them today?
12. Can I gift them something that shows them I love them?
This checklist is a helpful beginning point to check our days to make sure we are doing what we need to do to mentor and disciple our children.
It is so easy to get distracted by our other "to-do" lists like managing the home, meals, etc. but we need to remember that at the end of the day those things will always need to be done but we only have our children with us for a short while. It is important to prioritize giving them a strong biblical foundation.
We need to invest in them while we can.
It is our responsibility to do so!
Sweet friend, do you know the Lord and if you are going to heaven? Please read this to be sure.
If you need help learning God's Word be sure to find a good Bible.
We'd also love for you to join our Titus 2 group!
We would also love for you to join our family at these places:
Christian Homemaking Proverbs 31 Group
Subscribe so you never miss a post!