Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner--let the fun and festivities begin, right? Well, not always. For some it can be a very stressful time. So today we are sharing a few tips to manage the holidays and make them easier and simpler!
It is easy to lose your joy during the holidays with all the planning, prepping, shopping, and everything else on your to-do list.
1. Keep Jesus the center of it all - ever notice how much more peaceful a day goes when you start your day out with Him? I know that is true for me. I need something to ground me for the day that lies ahead and I know that I cannot accomplish my day without God! I need to keep my focus and have a heavenly perspective especially during this time.
2. Say "no" to the things that don't matter - Don't try to be everywhere and do everything. You don't need to attend every Christmas play known to man. This also goes for signing up for things too! Be wise and pick and choose.
3. Slow down - There is no need to rush. Be in the moment with your family. Life is not a list to be checked off.
4. Give yourself grace - it's okay if you didn't cook 50 dozen cookies for the cookie exchange this year. Life will still go on. Find out what your family really enjoys most Christmas (hint: it's probably not the cookie exchange) and focus on what really blesses them.
5. Simplify - Try to simplify what you can. Around the holidays I liked to take some special time off of our regular school schedule to focus on the holidays and include baking, holiday reading, etc. The most important thing to remember is to try not to do it all!
6. Enjoy Yourself - sometimes we can get so caught up with everything we think we are supposed to do that we forget to just enjoy ourselves. The other day I picked up this Pioneer Woman mug from her Holiday Cheer Collection:
I really enjoy this mug and I love relaxing and starting out my day with a nice warm cup of coffee. Actually I think the whole line is adorable:
This lovely collection is so festive and is also another way to make the holidays more enjoyable!
What are some ways you like to make the holidays simpler?
Please share them in the comments!
Note: This post contains affiliate links---thanks for your support!