Thursday, February 17, 2011

Golden Days with Family


Yesterday I had a wonderful day out with my two older daughters. We went out to the mall and bought all kinds of *girly* things. We laughed and talked and joked. We strolled up and down the mall what felt like a million times. We ate lunch and shared our hearts, connecting, bonding. Caring.

Then later we went out with family because my brother-in-law, Israel (he is one of the top realtors in Chicago and if you need one you should call him--he is also a very faithful Christian man who you can trust!), wanted to take us out to a movie and dinner along with the grandparents. At the movies we had the entire theater to ourselves--and we ended up doing a Chinese buffet. Israel played with our children at a separate table. We talked with Steve's parents at another.

It was a simple day, but a golden day. No worries, no work. Just fun and feeling young again. Not a care in the world. Loved being with my family and watching how they have grown. My older daughters are becoming young women. They are some of my closest friends and they know me very well.

Soon these days will be gone, one day they will marry and things will change. My little twins will be older boys and not have time to cuddle. I so cherish this time because I know that it will not last forever.

Mothers, grasp these moments,
for these moments will slip from your hands in a blink of an eye.
Live your life now and pour it into your loved ones
so when you are older
you will have

no regrets.


Have a beautiful day!



************************

9 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I love those memories of laughing with the kids as they grow older! Cherish is right.
kim

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Lovely post and reminder. My boys are 17 and almost 16 and that has been an underlying theme for me recently.

Anonymous said...

This reminded me today that the days with my daughters are fleeting. No matter how long they feel.

God's Most Precious said...

How true!! I have my 3 little boys almost5,3 and 4months. I look at my oldest and wonder where did the time go...totally a great reminder that they dont stay this small forever... and love "pour our life and love" into them... NO REGRETS!!
Monica

Susie said...

Wonderful thoughts! I love nice and mellow days with family. ☺

caymanISLgirl said...

I LOVED MY DAUGHTER LIKE THIS....AND NOW SHE IS GONE. THANKS FOR SHARING THIS. MY DAUGHTER DISHONORED ME IN MARRIAGE TO A NON CHRISTIAN ACTING PERSON. I REMAIN SO IN AWE OF YOU. PLEASE PRAY FOR ME. I CRY EVERYDAY.

Kim said...

Thank you for the encouragement and reminder! Really enjoy your blog!

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Dear CaymanlSLgirl,

I would love to talk with you privately, if you are able to, please email me at wisewomanads@gmail.com.

Many blessings...

Lecia said...

Your words are so true. It is such a blessing to see a mother enjoy time with her children. They grow up all too soon.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: