Friday, November 21, 2008

Loving the Homelife...


One of the things I love about being home is being able to decorate my children's rooms!

I am not an interior decorator by any means but there is just something exciting about planning it in your heart---the theme, the colors, the decorations they would just love. I get so excited about it, I even like to map it out on paper (like where are the furniture will be) and jot down all my notes and put it in my home notebook. I often use the computer to find extra ideas on themes if I need help being creating

I would love when there was a new baby on the way---it was an exciting time to redo the nursery for a fresh new look for the new little one we were expecting. Would it be bears? Would it be dinosaurs? A classic theme? I would love to see the little faces light up when they would find something they loved in the room. Mothers add that extra touch of love to everything, don't they? We truly put the love into the home with all the little finishing touches. Those finishing touches take much time, thought and energy. It is hard to add those special touches of love if we are on the run all the time or always on the computer. It is is hard to plan anything if are minds are not focused and cleared with God's word and his peace.

Decorating doesn't have to be expensive. I often would find things at garage sales or thrift stores--a matching comforter here, a pillow there-just determine your budget and stick to it. As I said, I am not an expert, but what counts is that the children feel loved and enjoy their room (now the challenging part is keeping it clean!) I will soon be moving the boys into the twins room since they temporarily needed the bigger room for all their baby gear. The plans are already made, but something is telling me this labor of love will more likely take place after the holidays...

A woman who truly loves the home will love it, decorate it, clean it and make it a special place for her loved ones. A woman who loves the home will guard her time and continually strive to make it a haven and a place of peace and refuge for her family.

What are some things you love about being home?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love decorating with my children's artwork, i is one of the things that makes my home MY home!

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

I've done that in the past too, even had them do it for siblings rooms. I stumbled across some the other day and realized what a precious treasure I had by keeping them.

Many blessings...

Anonymous said...

I believe your decorating must be very nice judging by the look of your blog. It is beautiful.

INVITATION

Invited hereby to my site
please be. You see I poems write
and knight like fight and youth alight.
That photo says it. Godly, right?

I want more readers. I want you
to come as if out from the blue
and tell me what I write is true
and make my motivation new.

Why you? This is not spam, God’s dear.
I stand by what I do. I care.
Your senseless love to me I fear.
I mean it. I am good. Take care.

Visit: Poems of A.W.E.

Anonymous said...

I like the ability to go out in the middle of the afternoon and work in the garden.

Anonymous said...

so true! after moving several times in a short period of time i know when i feel at home by what i do around the house. ~smile~

Brenda said...

I love being able to take care of them when they are sick. One of the most heart-wrenching decisions for a full-time working mom is "are they sick enough for me to take off or will they be OK come morning?"

I hated that more than probably anything. Now even a sniffle can be attended to--not worried over. I know I will be here to care for them when they feel bad.

Mrs. Anna T said...

I love just puttering around the house and putting things in order... doing crafts in a cozy corner, after my home is nice and clean. And baking, baking, baking! :o)

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

I like seeing the faces of my husband and children light up when I have cooked a special meal, or set the table a special way, or have worked to have a special family time. Knowing that I am creating warm memories for all of them is what I love.
Blessings,
Joy

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: