Sunday, December 3, 2006

Grace & Refinement




"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galations 2:20

As I get older I look back and think about how I had no concept whenI got saved the true meaning of grace.

The older I get the more I cherish that word and the work Christ did on the Cross for all my sins. As I go about my days with my eight little children I strive to be the best mom I can be, but often fall flat on my face.

Can you relate? ;)

Then one day as I was moaning inside myself I realized how the Good Lord is using my home as a training grounds and my children as tools in His hands to refine me. Simple, yes, but it took so long
to figure that out.

So the next time I am overwhelmed and the children are swirling around me and I feel like I am in the midst of a tornado I will try to remember how far He has brought me from, where I am now and that I am still a 'work in progress'! His beautiful work indeed! I know that so many of my character flaws would have continued to conceal their ugly heads if I didn't have all eight children and stay home with them. I am in awe with the progress I am making because I know He is refining me into His awesome image. How unworthy I am. How holy is He.

True character reveals itself at home. How are we doing today, ladies? How do we look and act once those doors are shut and no one but our families are looking? I know I've had to cringe a few times as I've looked back.

The glorious, rich Christian home is what we strive after! We cannot obtain it if we do not fully embrace what God has called us to, but He has given us everything we need to be equipped to do just such a thing. Our imprint upon our families lives are ever-lasting! Souls in our hands being molded day-by-day, minute-by-minute....one life can affect generations that we will never see. When I think of this I want to fall to my knees and cry out to God because I know without a doubt I cannot do this without Him. I can't do ANYTHING w/out Him.


(Written in 2004)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you definitely hit the nail on the head! Lately, the Lord has been teaching me the same thing. Sometimes I'm ashamed at how hard it is for me to just trust Him. I always desire to know exactly why He does what He does, I struggle and struggle...then verses from Isaiah 55 come to mind. “Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near…For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord." We must remember that His thoughts and ways are much higher than ours. We most definitely serve a wonderful Lord and Savior!!
It also makes me think of the verse in chapter 26. “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” Oh, how beautiful and comforting it is to have HIS perfect peace. The peace that our beloved heavenly Father gives is beyond all we could ever ask or think!
It’s been a blessing reading your posts!

~ Karisse

Anonymous said...

How true! Just today, I was encouraged to look to my family for those areas of my life that need refining and molded to exemplify Christ more(and those areas are many!) Our families are most certainly the most perfect "refining ground and tools" that the Lord has given. Of course, even now, while in the midst of God's refining fire, I so often selfishly anguish over the flames and heat and fail to rest in the knowledge of God's work at hand, but am so thankful that His grace covers my selfishness as He lovingly reveals Himself yet again.
~Nicole~

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Sounds like the Lord is doing a wonderful work in both of your lives! That is what we need, to saturate ourselves in the Word of God and trust Him with the end outcome knowing He never makes any mistakes.I am encouraged hearing from young ladies like you who love the Lord so ferverently. May we all learn from your example...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: