Do you know a single mom?
Things can be tough for them year around but around the holidays can sometimes be the hardest.
And while they may not always share the struggle they are going through, this is an especially wonderful time to reach out and do something special for them.
Here are a few ideas on how to bless her:
1. Bring food - a hot dinner after her long day at work so she doesn't have to cook (this doesn't mean it has to all be homemade--if you are short on time just get a premade meal from a restaurant or give her a gift card).
2. Blessing box - give her a box of toiletries, decorations, or whatever you think she might need and could use, clothes for her kids
3. Gifts - get her something for her and her kids, you can take up a collection with a group of people or your church to donate.
4. The gift of time - help her watch her kids or offer help with her home or car.
5. Gift cards & money - you can give her gift cards for food, gas, etc. You could even surprise her and pay off a bill.
6. Shovel their driveway - and while you do that you can clean off her car too!
7. A gift of memories - take them out for an outing or buy them tickets to a special event.
8. Invite them to your home - make them a nice meal and/or just offer them some good old hospitality and friendship.
9. Invite them to church - invite her family, if she can't make it because of work offer to take her child.
10. She might find comfort, help, and guidance through reading the Bible or this book if you are in need of a small gift idea.
11. Pray for them - pray for them and find out how you can help them not just through the holidays but all through the year.
12. Be a good friend and just listen to them! Sometimes they might need someone to talk to and you could be that for them. Show them the love of Jesus through your friendship.
If you don't know a single mom personally, try inquiring at your local church as they might know someone whom they could suggest!
Did I miss anything?
What would you add to this list?
Please share them in the comments below!
You might also like:
HOW TO BLESS A LONELY WIDOW