Do you love to read?
I have always loved to read and as you might guess, you can usually find a big stack of books on my nightstand along with my Kindle app being full. I don't always get the time to read everything I want to with a big family, but I do make a whole hearted attempt to read the really good ones.
Since many of my children are older I have more time than I used to, so this year I have a list of books that I will be intentionally checking out. I have even already started reading several of them!
Now we always recommend the Bible first and foremost--that is a given. If you do not have a Bible you be sure to get one to start the year out right!
Here are some the books I am reading, or planning to, and they are not in any order:
1. Woman of Virtue - Susan Brackley
2. Mother Culture - Karen Andreola
3. Devotedly: The Personal Letters and Love Story of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot by Valerie Elliot Shepard
4. Prayers for the Battlefield - Heidi St. John
5. Devoted: Great Men and Their Godly Moms - Tim Challies
6. Uncommon Character: Stories of Ordinary Men and Women Who Have Done the Extraordinary -
7. In His Image - Jen Wilkin
8. Creating a Beautiful Life - Elizabeth George
9. Praying for the Prodigal by Andrea Merrel
10. All That's Good: Recovering the Lost Art of Discernment by Hannah Anderson
11. Susie - The Life and Legacy of Susannah Spurgeon
12. The Minimalist Home by Joshua Becker
13. 7 Women and the Secret of their Greatness by Eric Metaxas
Feel free to join in with me reading these books, many of them are newer releases. I will also share when I am reading with these books and updating you on my thoughts on them every month!
What are some books are you reading for 2019?
You might also like:
Note: This post contains affiliate links--thanks for your support!