Monday, July 30, 2018

A Wise Woman is...Diligent



"What we hope to do with ease,
we must learn first to do with diligence."

-Samuel Johnson

This summer has definitely been a busy one than usual. I have been thinking about how quickly time goes by and how we really need to take advantage of it and not let it slip by.

A few things got away from me this summer like keeping up with the garden while I was tending to other more important things. I want to be more diligent and purposeful in keeping areas in my home more streamlined so I was glad to do a huge purge of our garage and basement this past week. It was hard because my husband likes to keep everything! I watched an episode of Hoarders to motivate me to start throwing everything out (it does the trick every single time!). 

We are older now, our lifestyle is different, and we don't need the things we were keeping. I am still not done--but enough that if we keep at it this week we can whittle away a few more things before school starts. Sometimes things have to get messy before they can get clean again!

So as it is, I have been trying to be diligent with caring for my home and family even through all the interruptions of life that seem to want to drag me away from it all. 

Things I still need to do:

-final purge of garage and organizing
-organizing twins clothing
-help with new bedroom moving project
-plan all things homeschooling (buying supplies & curriculum and setting up school spaces)
-some final blog plans

The definition of diligence is "careful persistent work or effort".

A few Bible verses on diligence for encouragement in case you are trying to be diligent as well:

"The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied." ~Proverbs 13:4

"A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich." ~Proverbs 10:4

"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." ~Galatians 6:9

"Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain." ~1 Corinthians 15:58

"The hand of the diligent will rule, while the slothful will be put to forced labor." Proverbs 12:24

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might..." Ecclesiastes 9:10

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men..." Colossians 3:23

"Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits lacks sense." Proverbs 12:11

"The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty." Proverbs 21:5

"Whoever is slothful will not roast his game, but diligence is man's precious possession." ~Proverbs 12:27






I hope this was an encouragement to you! My prayer is that God would work in our hearts to do His will on a daily basis and to bring Him glory. 

Do you struggle with diligence?

What do you plan to diligently tackle this week?











1 comment:

Patricia Skinner said...

Several years ago I recorded these 2 songs on my project TO JESUS, with all my love

I thought they would be a blessing to your readers. Feel free to share them. I would love your feed back on them. You can contact me email patspraze@aol.com or on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/patspraze
Both songs were written by my producer, Kat Korac

https://www.reverbnation.com/patriciaskinner/song/26243845-well-done-my-child

https://www.reverbnation.com/patriciaskinner/song/26243843-a-virtuous-woman

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: