Have you been wanting to pray more this year?
Prayer is important - the Bible says:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
We recently shared our January prayer calendar with you (we shared it here) but we also wanted to talk about having a prayer journal. Some of you thrive when you can get things written down, organized, and in one place. I know I do better when I have a list of prayers written down and can see them.
So today I am sharing seven benefits of having a prayer journal--here they are:
1. A place to remember it all - Sometimes we can get so busy we forget to pray for for those things we know we really need to pray for. This one place we can go to see it all and especially helps those who are visual people.
2. If it is written down you will actually pray - How many times have you said you would pray for some and totally forgot about it? It happens to everyone, but a prayer journal helps you to remember.
3. You can remember to continue to pray - Life gets busy so it is great to have an organized place for prayers so you can continue to pray for situations and people who need it.
4. You can see results and record them - Many people like to record the results of how their prayer were answered.
5. You can give thanks to God for how He answers your prayer - No matter how God answers your prayers we can be thankful that He is in control, a sovereign God, and that we can bring everything to Him.
6. A place to be still and know he is God - Sometimes we just need to be still and connect with God on a deeper more intimate level.
7. We grow closer to God in prayer - God wants us to come to Him and we grow closer to Him in the process.
I want to make prayer more of a habit in my life because I know it is powerful and can change lives. I love being able to talk to God and know that my heavenly Father is listening and cares.
A few more verses on prayer:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.
But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
If you are looking for a prayer journal, you might like these:
My Prayer Journal - A 3 Month Guide to Prayer, Praise & Thanks - take a peek inside.
She is Clothed with Strength and Dignity Prayer Journal - take a peek inside.
The Battle Plan Prayer Journal - you can find it HERE.
All Things Are Possible Prayer Journal - take a peek inside.
There are some great prayer journals from Dayspring too:
You can find them all HERE.
Do you own a prayer journal?
Please share about it in the comments!
I hope these are a blessing to you!