Note: This post contains affiliate links--thanks for your support!
If you are a fan of macaroni and cheese (the boxed kind, homemade or gluten free) you might want to try spicing it up a few different ways!
The children probably won't ever get tired of eating it plain the same way they have been eating it for years, but parents do like to liven things up every now and then. If you are looking for fresh ways to give new life to this favorite traditional dish then you are in the right place!
Here is what you can add:
1. Chorizo and salsa
2. Chicken and cream of mushroom
3. Hamburger and hot sauce
4. Sausage, diced tomatoes, & veggies
5. Tuna & broccoli florets
6. Taco meat, sour cream, and crushed chili cheese corn chips
7. Ham and peas
8. Bacon, Monterey and Jack cheese, sour cream, green onions
9. Tuna, mushroom soup & peas
10. Hamburger, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, peas and carrots
11. Beef & can of chili (or sloppy joe)
12. Kielbasa and onions
13. Green chiles, chicken, creamed of chicken soup, sour cream
14. BBQ pulled pork and pineapples
15. Spinach artichoke dip and bacon
HOT TIP: Cooking the mac and cheese in a Instant Pot can make the meal quicker and creamier!
What do you like to add to your mac and cheese?
Please share them in the comments!