If you are like me you probably wish that someone had taught you about wisdom when you were young. Maybe you made mistakes that you regret that could have spared you and others a lot of heartache or pain that you even brought into your adult years. I know that I wish that I was wiser as a teenager and not thinking that I was "wise" in my own eyes.
When I got saved I was intrigued about God had to say about wisdom:
It is something to really know what wisdom is and know what isn't in today's world where the lines have been so greatly blurred.
To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool.
Let's take a closer look a WORLDLY wisdom:
1. This type of "wisdom" comes from gurus, experts, books, or even loud voices from people via social media/blogs. Some have some great and valuable advice to share with the world but there are some that are not always wise and can even be downright foolish when closely examined--especially if we are not careful to filter it with God's Word.
2. It changes with trends, what is popular, or is politically correct at the time.
3. It can lead us to the wrong path or into trouble.
4. Relies on your own or man's judgment which can be fallible. (ex. "trust in your heart" yet the Bible says this about it and not to be confused with seeking wise counsel).
5. Leads you away from God.
"Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is folly with God." 1 Corinthians 3:18
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2
While GODLY WISDOM:
1. Is always right and never wrong.
2. Never changes and can be trusted.
3. Points us towards His will for our lives.
4. Helps us to grow in maturity and godliness.
5. Leads us towards God.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight. Proverbs 9:10
For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding...Proverbs 2:6
Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. Proverbs 3:7
Ladies, let us be wise women who know the difference and are always actively seeking His wisdom first and foremost in all things!
Dear Lord, You are holy and the great Author of wisdom and we are so grateful for that. We confess that we are not always wise when it comes to making decisions in our lives and desperately need you to show us the way. Please give us discernment when it comes to making wise choices and growing in wisdom as we truly desire to bring you glory in that area. Help us to be humble as you teach us with hearts willing to learn. Thank you for your patience with us and for your daily forgiveness. We pray this in Jesus' holy name. Amen.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY OF 345,000+ HOMEBUILDERS!