Friday, December 20, 2013

A "1 Corinthians 13" Christmas




1 Corinthians 13---Christmas Version

If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls,but do not show love to my family, I'm just another decorator.

If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime: but do not show love to my family, I'm just another cook.

If I work at a soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home, and give all that I have to charity; but do not show love to my family, it profits me nothing.

If I trim the spruce with shimmering angelsand crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir's cantata but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point.

Love stops the cooking to hug the child.

Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the spouse.

Love is kind, though harried and tired.

Love does not envy another's home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens.

Love does not yell at the kids to get out of the way, but is thankful they are there to be in the way.

Love does not give only to those who are able to give in return; but rejoices in giving to those who cannot.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things.

Love never fails.

Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs will rust; but giving the gift of love will endure.







---Sharon Jaynes, Celebrating a Christ Centered Christmas






Are you encouraged here? Then subscribe and never miss a post (it's free)!





*Reposted from the archives*



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my most favorite sites. I enjoy your thoughts and the encouragement that you give. Many late nights have been spent here just listening to the soft music and reading your thoughts with God's word...it has blessed my soul so many times. Thank you for your dedication in maintaining this site~ Blessings

Unknown said...

This is very sweet and touching..heart-lifting to say the least! I'm not a mom nor am I a woman, but I have a wonderful mom and many friend's who are mom's themselves. Reading this just makes me appreciate them even more! Thank you for sharing.. Happy Holidays and God Bless!

Anonymous said...

This was just what I needed to read...thank you, thank you, thank you! By the way, I cannot but echo the first comment..I feel exactly the same.

Blessings,

Tiria
(a reader from Hungary)

Jenny K. said...

What a blessing this blog is to so many people!
Your post helps me to put everything into perspective. What really matters is family. LOVE it's what Christmas is really all about. God's great love for us, to send us this gift in the form of a baby . God's blessings to you & your family. Thanks so much for sharing with us thru your blog.
Merry Christmas to you! :)

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

It's Christmas Eve Morning, I'm way behind, and I took a few moments to read this.
I needed it.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: