What does home management look like for a Wise Woman?
- She sets a godly tone in her home - She remembers to reflect the "law of kindness on her tongue. Her words, tone of voice, and deeds all work together to maintain a godly atmosphere in her home. She is confident in the future because of her faith in God and reflects joy in the Lord. (Nehemiah 8:10, Psalm 28:7, Proverbs 31:21)
- She works as unto the Lord -She possesses character that complements her skills. Her motivation for management is to please God and not man. (Colossian 3:23)
- She anticipates the needs of her family -She practically meets the needs of her family in all areas of family life, including scheduling, meal planning, household upkeep, etc.
- She is orderly and well managed -She takes the time be organized and reaches toward the goal of doing things "decently and in order". She takes time to learn how to plan, establish goals, and make decisions that reflect her priorities. (1 Corinthians 14:40)
- She is industrious -She is a hard worker. She is not lazy and seeks to develop the self discipline she needs to fulfill her obligations. She also applies the principle of others being more important than herself. (Proverbs 6:6, Proverbs 20:13, Phillipians 2:3)
- She is a skilled worker -She understands the components of her domain--she just does not manage, but she seeks to manage and do it well. (Proverbs 31:10-31, Titus 3-5).
One of the main ways that we "build" up our homes is through seeking to manage our households well. What a wonderful reminder to help us through the days as we seek to glorify God as we manage it. Our homes are not meant to be picture perfect but a refuge for our families- God and people come first. Remember to not get discouraged as you continue on your journey, but seek the Lord in all these matters and know that He will help you along the way.
Dear Lord, help me to be the kind of home manager you want me to be. I know that every season of my life might look different but I need help from you to do it well. Help me to prioritize what needs to be done and have the wisdom to be flexible. Please give me strength to manage well the beautiful home that you have provided my family with to your glory. In Christ's name, Amen.
Please also check out my book True Christian Motherhood.
Image Credit: Let's Enjoy Beauty