Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Homemaking Fun: Fruity Summer Drinks

One of the best parts about homemaking is being able to do the special things for your family and add the little touches that make a house a home...


I love now that it is summer my mind can turn to relaxing slow days and leisurely filling my calendar with things that I have been looking forward to doing.  Summertime is the time for cool drinks by the pool, BBQ's and the beach. Fruity drinks are a summertime delight and I'd love to treat myself and my family to this Pineapple Strawberry Cooler that you see pictured above.


 Here is another great idea-- frozen fruit ice cubes gives you an opportunity to have several kinds of flavors all at once, look festive AND helps everyone stay cool. This would be great for children as a snack on a hot summer day.



And Fuss Free Cooking has some excellent ideas on Fruit Infused Coconut Water that I would also like to try. As child and I remember spending my days, when we lived on the island of Guam, happily breaking open fresh coconuts with friends from palm trees in the neighborhood and drinking straight from the shell to get that refreshing coconut water. How I miss those simple times! Childhood seems to slip by too quickly...

What special plans do you have planned this summer? Are you planning to go anywhere special, take on any new projects, recipes or planning extra fun? If so, I'd love to hear them!






















Are you encouraged here? I personally invite you to subscribe and get the latest posts sent to your inbox or RSS feed! Also, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and get updates that are not posted here on the blog.








2 comments:

Jill said...

These all look wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

cooperkelly4 said...

these look so refreshing! For the first day of summer, we are making root beer floats!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: