Monday, March 7, 2011

Getting The House In Order for Spring

Spring is around the corner and in a blink of an eye it will all be here too quickly!



We are writing out the lists,
  examining the home repairs,
pulling out the paint,
tackling overdue projects,
sewing for future events,
looking through gardening catalogs
 and packing away some of the winter items.

Most importantly we are dreaming about warmer weather!

I don't like waiting for spring to do alot of the indoor projects because I would rather be outside enjoying the weather then and find it much harder to commit to doing things inside when I would rather be basking in the sun somewhere working in the yard.

We are thinking far ahead--what do we want this spring/summer to look like?

Who do we want over? How can we reconnect with old friends? It is nice to have online friends, but don't forget to cultivate the ever important real life relationships too. Look at opening your home as a ministry and even think about people you wouldn't normally invite over.

Don't worry about your home looking perfect. Mine never does. I have a home with eight children---I think that says it all! There are imperfections everywhere, but we do not invite people over to impress them, I used to think that everything had to be perfect--that just comes from pride. Most people just appreciate the act of love that you opened up your home and overlook those sorts of things. Don't get me wrong, I like a clean, orderly home because I think that is right, but really just want to be realistic about the whole thing.

I am praying about how God might use our home this year. I am not sure what He has in mind, but I am preparing and want to be ready.

How about you?

How are you preparing your home for spring?



********************


This post is linked at Raising Homemakers , Far Above Rubies and
Women Living Well

12 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

I recently got the book, Large Family Logistics. After only 2 weeks of applying Kim's pricinples I am finding that consistently doing a little every day is making a huge difference!

Love your blog by the way, I'm new to it and you are a blessing!

Helen said...

You have very nice thoughts.
I love spring, it makes me want to open the windows and let fresh air in.

Michelle said...

We're going from room to room each Saturday and giving it a good cleaning. This past Saturday was the kitchen. Next week we'll do the living room and dining room (we'll also throw in the hall).

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Fuentes,

It sounds like you have wonderful plans for the coming spring. It's a helpful reminder for me to start doing some planning myself. :)

Blessings,

-Lady Rose

Anonymous said...

The birds were singing outside my kitchen window this morning! Even though there's still snow on the ground, the first signs of spring are in the air. And you know what that means? Good old-fashioned spring cleaning! Decluttering! I'm actually looking forward to it this year and even got a headstart a couple of weeks ago. Out with the old and in with the new!

Claire said...

We have a tonne of de-cluttering and some redecorating high up on the list. I love Spring!

Cxx

Carolina Girl said...

We won't see spring warm enough to tackle any outdoors projects for a month or 2 yet, so we are working on spring cleaning indoors. Dusting out the cobwebs, organizing, planning summer activities, planning the garden, and clearing out the basement as it gets warmer. I can't wait for spring! It lasts about a month here, then summer all the way :)

Mandy said...

i'm embarrassed to say i actually 'hid' from a neighbor today who came to the door because of the massive pile of laundry on my couch...thanks for the reminder!

missy said...

we are also looking forward to warmer weather. I enjoy this time of year and I also enjoy getting rid of clutter. We also try to do one room at a time and then start over. This works great and seems to keep the home pretty tidy. Thank you for all the encouragement you give us through your blog. Would love to hear you speak in PA but we are way down in Tennessee.

Far Above Rubies said...

I've been thinking about having our home as a ministry for some time. God has layed it upon our hearts to invite people over more frequently. - Specifically for prayer and fellowship.

I'm in the middle of organizing my kitchen cabinets and pantry. Yay!!

I'm with you - I rather start now and enjoy the outside when the warmer weather arrives.

Blessings,

Jasmine

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I want to have that home that is hospitality ready all the time. Unfortunately, it is inconvenient living on base. We are about to move in 3 weeks, so maybe we won't be on base or it will be easier.

Victoria said...

Thanks so much for this. I am a perfectionist- always have been- and I find myself not inviting people over because I am so afraid that my house won't be "perfect". Or I turn down invites to go visit friends because I worry that I must make my house perfect before I can go anywhere.

And you are absolutely right, it's just my pride.

So I am going to make extra effort to put aside my want for a "perfect" house and just enjoy my relationships more- whether in my not so perfect home, or leaving my not so perfect home to visit someone else's.

Thank you

Victoria
http://seekingpeaceinastorm.blogspot.com

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: