Everywhere we turn we see messages aimed at living a more simple life. There are ads selling new products, home magazines that boast simple living decor and homeschooling curriculum with an emphasis on making life simpler for mom.
While all these things are good---I want to offer you the BEST.
Here is my formula for simple living:
1. Ignore all the books, mags and ads that convince me I need to buy them in order to find out their secrets.
2. Focus my life, my mind and my heart on Christ.
3. Drown out all the voices that dictate what you and the children are "supposed to be doing"- (everyone seems to have a plan for our lives, don't they?), take your eyes off what your friends/neighbors are doing by not comparing and then reexamine false standards or high expectations you have made for yourself and your loved ones.
4. Pray and ask God to give me focus, ability and wisdom to prioritize my husband, children and home. Ask hubby for advice that He has to offer.
5. Expect for Him to answer in a powerful way and then....
6. Obey and listen to Him!
See how simple that was? Now we are on the road to simple living according to Jesus and not according to the world. The world can leave us confused, discontent, depressed and unsure of ourselves. But the Lord's ways are straight paths and lead to wisdom and righteousness.
Have a blessed day as you seek to live a simple life serving the Lord Jesus in your homes!