Friday, February 19, 2010

Be It Ever So Humble




If we would have a true home,
we must guard well our thoughts and actions.

A single bitter word
may disquiet the home for a whole day;

but, like unexpected flowers
which spring up along our path full of freshness, fragrance, and beauty,
 so do kind words and gentle acts and sweet disposition

make glad the home
where peace and blessing dwell.

No matter how humble the abode,
if it be thus garnished with grace

and sweetened by kindness and smiles,
the heart will turn lovingly towards it
from all the tumults of the world,

and home,
"be it ever so humble,"
will be the dearest spot under the sun.









--The Golden Gems of Life


**************************************



 

9 comments:

Tonya Gunn said...

That was a lovely poem. Thank you for sharing.
Warm wishes and blessings,
Tonya

Julie Harward said...

Be it ever so humble, it does not matter...it's home. Thanks for the wonderful words..come say hi, I don't bite! :D

Laura {{* *}} said...

Perfect focus
for contemplative prayer
o'er the gentle weekend days ~

grace-filled application
for all the days to come.

{{* *}}

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and My Redeemer!

RUA2J said...

How true! For Christ to rule our homes means we must watch our tongues! He has told us the tongue is not always used for good. We must strive to make it either be quiet or speak truth & encouragement! I choose truth! Keep up the great work!

christschild said...

Beautiful and simple. I'm so happy for all the posts I've read today. Each one has helped me and reminded me that I am God's and He will always love me and take care of me...and all His children.
Blessings,
Elizabeth

Marmee's Pantry said...

I love that poem. Thanks for the reminder.

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

Anonymous said...

Who is the author of this poem?

Rachael @ Inking the Heart said...

So beautiful and peaceful, especially along with the music that I had on my wedding day as we began our lives together. Now 19 year later and 3 kids I love poems like this that give grace to our home. Blessings! Love, Rachael @ Inking the Heart

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: