Monday, May 5, 2008

HomeBuilding Hospitality


Yesterday we had our HomeBuilders meeting and I can't think of anything greater than getting together with God's people over coffee and talking about Jesus!

We had worked hard preparing our home for the day, de-winterizing our yard, touch up paint indoor and outdoors, several yards of mulch thrown down, and plenty of gardening from the last few weeks (more on this later), and not to mention cleaning the house. But it was all worth it in the end--(I love that having people over gives us that little push to get things done)---we had a great turn out and the weather was picture perfect and my pink blossom trees were in bloom!

More importantly, the Word of God was able to permeate our lives. The sacred covenant of marriage was discussed in depth, and I know that even I, who shared with the women on how to be a loving and supportive helpmeet, walked away challenged in my own life. That is the blessing of fellowship with other believers. As the verse--'iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another'--we are blessed when we can meet intimately with believers to cast light into one another's lives.

When we first bought this home, I promised the Lord I would always use it for Him and His people. I always want people to feel comfortable here. A place they can kick up there feet, rest and know that they can safely share the troubles and victories of the week here. A place to make a new friend and a place where they feel the love of Christ. My children treasure these special times ---they truly love having friends over and have held it as one of their fondest childhood memories. It is good to know that when we prepare for an event or meeting that we as a family team are using our hands to serve the body of Christ. I want that memory to be with our children forever.


Ultimately the greatest blessings of hospitality are that we enjoy with our friends is that we begin to create bonds that lead us to become more like a family instead of mere acquaintances that just say 'hi' and 'bye' to eachother at church. We pray for eachother, we support eachother, we listen to eachother. It is better than any support group on earth! We can just be real and talk about Jesus.

After all, isn't that what it's all about? Yes....JESUS.



2 comments:

Amy E said...

I found your blog when I was searching for information on a variety of verses. I was preparing to teach a lesson for our ladies bible study. We are doing a Proverbs 31 study. Out of six ladies, we have 4 working moms, and 2 SAHM, of which I am one. It has been a challenging study to say the least.

I shared your blog address with the ladies, as I really enjoyed your words (and the beautiful pictures.)

LisaM at ThoseHeadcoverings said...

So Beautiful - in thought and the words you used. Thank you for sharing and encouraging.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: