Monday, June 25, 2007
Provoking Children to Anger
Here are 25 ways parents provoke their children to anger:
1. Lack of marital harmony.
2. Establish and maintaining a child-centered home.
3. Modeling sinful anger.
4. Habitually disciplining while angry.
6. Being inconsistent with discipline.
7. Having double standards.
8. Being legalistic.
9. Not admitting your'e wrong and not asking for forgiveness.
10. Constantly finding fault.
11. Parents Reversing God-given roles (ex:wives leading homes).
12. Not listening to your child's opinion or taking his or her 'side of the story' seriously.
13. Comparing them to others
14. Not making time 'just to talk'
15. Not praising or encouraging your child.
16. Failing to keep your promises.
17. Chastening in front of others.
18. Not allowing enough freedom.
19. Allowing too much freedom.
20. Mocking your child.
21. Abusing them physically.
22. Ridiculing or name calling.
23. Unrealistic expectations
24. Practicing Favoritism
25. Child training with worldly methodologies inconsistent with God's Word.
Whew---that is quite a list and surely not exhaustive. Please do not be discouraged by this list for we all are imperfect parents at some time or another which is why Christ died for us. But instead, use it as a starting point to begin to implement godly changes into your home. Remember, God is pleased with us as we try to change our lives and build fruit into it. He will give us strength, wisdom and mercy through it all and praise God that He is not done doing His mighty work in us yet!