Thursday, September 19, 2019

A Peek Inside My Life

Oh--it has been awhile since I have done one of these posts!

If any of you know me, you know that I like to think of myself as a private person so connecting on a personal level feels a bit daunting to me at times. But you are my sweet friends (some of you have followed for years) and we truly love you all! So I am going to try to bring these posts back more often so you can get a glimpse into our lives.



This is a pic I took a few months ago when me and my kids were playing around with filters on my phone. I usually don't look this great and generally have my hair up in a bun, use less makeup, have imperfect skin, and need to lose some extra weight that this picture is hiding! Ha--but this is better than no picture at all, so until I get brave enough to show a regular me pic this is what I am sharing. 😂

Here is what we have been up to...



FOOTBALL SEASON





Two of my boys are playing football this year and one made it to captain. It is a new experience for me and half the time I am cheering the boys on and the other half I am praying they are not seriously hurt! In the past I have not been much of a football fan but now I am definitely enjoying it more since the boys are playing and caught on to understanding it quicker too. 
So far they are 4 and 0 and several of their main players got hurt last game so we shall see how it goes this weekend!



(I have 3 sons in this picture--one in the front with the headband, behind him to the left is the other, and the third is the team water boy in the back left with a cap on)


BALLET AND TAP DANCING

My little sweetie pie, Isabella, is taking ballet and tap this year and is in love! I am having so much taking her and watching her at her classes. I know I did this with my other girls but I feel like I can enjoy it more now that I am older. 


This is where I got her ballet leotard , along with her ballet shoes, and tap shoes. 



HOMESCHOOL

School is fully under way around here and I had spent a few good weeks prepping for that. All is going smoothly so far --this year I am teaching five children (the smallest group I've had in years, we already graduated four) and a kindergartner! It is so fun to teach that again and with Pinterest it makes it a whole lot more exciting. 



We did traditional first day of school pictures with all the kids but I couldn't help grabbing one with Bella's new little friend too! I found it at Homegoods but I found a similar one here for you in case you wanted one too. Isn't Bella growing sooooo big?



FALL, FALL, FALL

Fall is in a few days and I have been busy decorating the house. I got these really cute white pumpkins and some others in muted colors that I have already put up. I love that they are not the oranges and red that I normally put up, I think I will hold off on those until it gets colder like in October. That's when I will break out all my other regular fall decor. I have also been pulling together fall wardrobes for the kids and it has been so much fun. I have found so many adorable things at TJ Maxx for Bella. 


(I got this lovely white pumpkin and stand at Hobby Lobby when it was all on sale
 but you can find it here too. More pics coming soon!)


NEW OLD CHURCH

We made some changes and are back at our old church that we love. The kids love it and get to see our extended family there who they adore and me and my husband feel at home again. They also have told me that they are growing more now and very excited about attending. It is a little bit of a drive for us so keep us in prayer about the whole situation. I am just grateful for the days that we are there. 


HOME PROJECTS

We recently painted both bathrooms and they look great! I used a black paint in one of them for the cabinets that were oak before that I absolutely loved. You don't need to sand, prime, or anything else except wipe it clean. You apply it directly. My kitchen sink has black speckles in it so it worked out perfectly and I am happy we finally did it. I wanted to do something simple that wouldn't require my husband either since he has been so busy at work. We did the downstairs bathroom a light gray and white and I loved how it came out that now I am thinking about doing my bedroom too. 



I liked this paint because barely used up any paint so we have been using it for other projects as well and even plan to paint some bunkbeds with the rest of the gallon since a little goes a long way. I found the paint HERE. 





HOSPITALITY

I also had family over this past week along with my nieces and nephews. My mother-in-law and sister-in-laws are all Christians and are godly women. I am so grateful when I get a chance to fellowship with them and open up our home. It has been easier to do that now that the kids are older. I had the chance afterwards to take them to our local apple orchard and they had fun checking it all out.



One of our favorite things about this orchard and what they are famous for is their doughnuts. They make an amazing pumpkin doughnut and cinnamon apple doughnut that it to die for.


You can watch them making the food through these windows.


Their taffy apples are fresh and huge.


They usually have a big pumpkin patch, tractor ride, animal petting zoo, sunflower field, corn mazes, live band, and more. It is a family tradition to try to visit there a few times before the season is over at the end of October. 


I hope you enjoyed our pictures!



What have you been up to lately?

Please share in the comments!


















6 comments:

Kathy Piekarski said...

Thank you for sharing your picture, June. You are beautiful in all ways!
It was so nice to hear what is going on in your family and the pictures you shared are great!
May the Lord continue to bless your family and your ministry.

Une belle histoire... said...

Where is the pumpkin patch located at? Thank you for sharing your beautiful pics.

Christina said...

Thank for letting us into a glimpse of your life! I really enjoy your posts! Thank for always sharing Christian encouragement!

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Dear Kathy,

Thank you, you are too kind! May the Lord continue to bless you, Dan, and the kids too. Hope you all are doing well and have a wonderful week!

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Dear Une Belle Histoire,

In the Midwest! :)

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Dear Christina,

Thanks for the feedback and so glad to hear you are enjoying these type of posts! We hope you stop by again soon and have a blessed week!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: