Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The Enemy is Lurking To Steal Our Time Away




TEACHING MY CHILDREN

While sitting in the house
Or walking by the way,
My children need to learn Your Word
At night and through the day.
Their sports and school won't matter
If they don't live for You.
If nothing else gets done today,
I'll turn their eyes to You.

The enemy is lurking
To steal our time away;
Doing nice, but fleeting things
That soon will fade away.
Even in these mundane times,
Help me teach them how to find
A way to see that all they do
Will only count if done for You.


The moments, months, and years fly by
Until each child will say goodbye.
I dare not waste these times to show
What really matters as they grow.
Oh Lord, please point their eyes to You
And help me teach them of Your truth.
More than any other thing
Let lives be lived for You, O King.


I know I only have this day
To teach and guide them in Your way.
So, help me with the time You give
To show them how to really live,
Not chasing vain and worldly lusts,
But learning how to seek and trust
Their only Savior, Lord, and King,
For in You is their everything.






3 comments:

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! I needed this today. My heart is grateful.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this! What a great reminder!!!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: