Monday, August 21, 2017

Our 25th Anniversary Celebration - Bed & Breakfast and Gondola Ride!

Our summer has been pretty full and I have been wanting to share a post about how we shared our 25th anniversary! We both wanted something quiet and relaxing since my husband has been working so much lately and we decided to to visit this lovely little Bed & Breakfast that was made to look like an actual villa in Florence, Italy.


I like going to bed and breakfasts because of the different experiences that you can get than when you stay at a hotel. They are more welcoming, interesting, and just fun in my opinion!


The lobby had this full size knight in armor waiting to greet us. It was pretty big and the picture doesn't do it justice.




The dining room was serene and if you look to the right of the fireplace they had a walk in safe. They served a spinach quiche with sausage and had a full buffet of fruit, breads, cereal, coffee, etc. 




These double doors led out to terrace that was once there with the original owners. I loved how this looked in person and the beautiful light that streamed in through it.



We had this awesome room with a king size bed and jacuzzi. SO comfortable and just what the doctor ordered! Right down the street of this Villa we were able to walk down to the house of President Benjamin Harrison. We took a tour and I will share that and all the pictures I got there in a post later this week.





(Benjamin Harrison home)

We also went to eat at Fogo de Chao which is a Brazilian Steakhouse where all the waiters run around with these large sized skewers of meat of all different kinds (beef, lamb, chicken, etc) hot off the grill and serve it to you.


See the red disk above? There are two sides---red and green. Green means you want more meat and when the waiters see that they will come one at a time and offer you what type of meat they have. If it is red like how it is above they will stop. We have been to one of these before in Chicago so I knew what to expect. They also have an amazing unique buffet that comes with it!

My favorite part was the Gondola ride! I have always wanted to ride one and since I knew I wasn't going to visit Italy anytime soon I was ecstatic to finally get to go on one!



The boat can sit up to 8 people but we opted for a private tour!



Did you know that gondolas were used mainly for transportation in Italy and not entertainment like how we experience them here?


I love how the gondolier sang--it was SOOOO romantic and everyone in the canal could hear him! It felt a little weird having everyone watch us and even take pictures but I was having too much fun to notice! Here is a little video of them:




The canal weaves through a little community where you can walk through and sit on benches and view homes and grab a bite to eat right by the water. I caught this romantic pic near a historic monument nearby.



I hope you enjoyed our pictures!

I will post about the Benjamin Harrison home in a future post this week!







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 25th anniversary.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your time at the bed and breakfast. The pictures are lovely. Congratulations on your anniversary.
Marion

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pictures. That bed and breakfast is a lovely place. Congratulations on your 25th anniversary.
Marilyn

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Thanks so much, ladies, it was fun and looking forward to another 25+ years!

Phyllis Sather said...

Can you tell me where this is and the name of the B & B? It sounds like something my husband and I would enjoy.

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Phyllis, I believe the name was The Villa located in Indianapolis! Hope that helps!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: