I know that many of you want to make special traditions for your family during Christmas time.
I do too but I always want to make sure that the true meaning of Christmas is not being lost in all the tinsel and twinkling lights.
I recently had a friend on Instagram share a picture that led me to Star From Afar.
It kind of has the same idea of Elf on the Shelf but with biblical meaning.
I had never heard of it but always thought that something like that should be available, so today I am sharing it with you in case you haven't heard of it like me!
You can watch these videos to see how it works:
It basically goes like this:
- Set up the nativity
- Hide the star every night
- Once the children find the star move all Wise Men to its location
- Read Scripture
- On Christmas Eve place star on top of the Stable
- On Christmas Morning the three Wise Men find baby Jesus!
- You can also add a sweet treat or surprise for memories at each location for even more fun
I LOVE this idea and think that it would really help children learn and think through the Christmas story in such a deeper way. I hope you are blessed by it!
You can find The Christmas Star from Afar HERE.
Other alternative ideas that are very similar:
Shepherd on the Search
and Little Christmas Angel
Note: This post contains affiliate links---thanks for your support!