Here at A Wise Woman Builds Her Home we often talk about building a strong marriage and family life---this topic is our passion! But something that can be just as important to the health of those things I mentioned can be a home that is well ordered.
If you are a mom you know that when items are lost and rooms are messy that things can get out of hand and lead to stress in your personal life as well as affecting those around you. They can even affect your relationships with those very people that you love the most. How many of you have gotten into an argument with a loved one over messiness?
Is Your STUFF Controlling Your Life?
Most of us know all too well how stressful it can be to have a home packed to the gills, with an overbooked schedule to match. But what if we had a plan to rid our lives--and our homes--of clutter, one small step at a time?
Today I would like to share a book that I think will help and inspire you:
Over the course of this one-month challenge, you will:
- Eliminate clutter in all areas of your home and instead create functional spaces for all of your family's many activities.
- Replace chaotic counters and overstuffed cupboards with a calming kitchen that makes cooking a joy.
- Overcome the destructive cycle of always needing more by paring down belongings to those you truly love.
- Stop overcommitting and instead learn to say no without guilt.
- Reduce stress in your home and family by clearing out the excess stuff that takes up so much of your time and energy.
- Create practical and functional storage solutions for every room in your home.
- Develop a working control center that keeps your entire family organized and on track.
- Learn the four simple strategies to staying clutter free forever.
At any given time, most of us are stressed out with homes and schedules that feel chaotic and out of control. It is easy to be overwhelmed with the vast quantities of stuff that comes pouring into our homes, from trinkets and paperwork to endless obligations and activities. Wouldn't it be nice to finally have a step-by-step guide to ridding our life of clutter, and instead creating an oasis of calm and order?
Simple Daily Assignments
Over the course of thirty-one simple but powerful daily challenges, this book will empower, enable, and inspire you to clear life of the clutter that is filling up you home, mind, and schedule. Again, this is not a traditional book meant to be read straight through. It is an action plan, a set of daily checklists that will require you to actively participate.
I hope you will check out this book and see if it is a good fit for you. I really liked many elements of the book---especially taking before and after pictures of your space. Since I am a visual person this one simple act can make such a difference!
What are some of your favorite tips or books that help you organize your home and life?
*This post contains affiliate links--thank you for your support!
**Description of book from Amazon.com