I remember over the course of the past 20 years teaching my children the story of Easter. It was usually done through good books, movies, and plays from our church. I was always looking for ways to keep the story interesting to them and in front of them in a simple way that they could understand. We even made it a tradition to make our Resurrection Garden every year, which they really looked forward to. They loved making crosses out of sticks they found in the yard!
You'd be surprised by how quickly children can understand the concept and we shouldn't take it for granted that they won't.
But I know you, Mom, who is busy and schedule is full and you just need something that is quick, fun and easy. Something that can reinforce what the whole holiday is about.
So while you do want to spend time sharing them the story of Easter from the Bible or children's Bible. Here are some extra fun ways to "bring home" the true meaning for younger children.
1. Teach about the events leading up to Easter with this cute Easter Wreath Craft. Hang it all month long for them to remember and look at it and reuse it every year.
2. He Lives! Easter Puppets are great for smaller children to use with a children's story book or Bible. They also get to play with it later!
3. Easter Pop Out Puzzle with stands - This neat puzzle can turn 3D that prop up to make for lots of fun playing time.
4. Easter Flannel Board is another great way to get hands on learning about this special day.
5. Color the Psalms coloring book - this one is for adults but it would work great to do it with a child just for fun! You could even hang or frame your finished work.
6. Easter Resurrection Eggs - these are so basic and popular it wouldn't be an Easter post if I didn't include them!
7. Easter Figurine Collection Set - these are nice for kids to use as play and decoration at the same time. They have an Easter Last Supper set that is safe for younger children here.
I just pinned a bunch of hands-on Easter crafts and activities over at my Easter Pinterest Board as well so "hop"by and come and visit us! You can follow it here:
I hope this list blessed you!
*This post contains affiliate links----thank you for visiting!