"I know that I should be thankful but this year has been just extremely hard. Finances have been tough and life has been one big roller coaster ride. The kids have been sick and driving me crazy, my marriage is nil, and I feel like I have been grumbling and complaining more. Right now it is so hard to see the positive and I also feel some bitterness creeping in. I know that I need an attitude check but at this point I feel drained like there is nothing left. "
Isn't it so easy to get to this place, mamas?
I know that with this week being Thanksgiving you are being barraged with articles on how being thankful and crafts to do with your children and devotions on how to pray with a grateful heart.
And you think through your tears--"There is no way I can feel grateful right now."
But I know that it isn't always easy and that life can throw extremely hard things our way.
Sometimes you just want to break down and ....cry.
And that is okay.
If you need to cry be sure to do it and do it at our Savior's feet.
Because He knows and you are not alone.
But after you let out that good cry take a minute to pull yourself together and remember how He wants us to be sober-minded.
And with that sober-mindedness we need to take our thoughts captive out of obedience to Him.
Remember that often times we will face trials and that the trials are there to refine us. To mold us into what He wants us to become and strengthen our faith and reliance on Him.
So turn to Him and remember what He says about gratefulness:
-Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. - 1 Thes 5:18
- Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for His steadfast love endures forever!- Psalm 107:1
- Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, - Ephesians 5:20
- And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. - Colossians 3:15-17
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. - Phillipians 4:6
- Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. - Colosians 4:2
- Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise! Give thanks to Him; bless His name! - Psalm 100:4
- That my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever! Psalm 30:12
You can find more verses here.
What a great reminder we have in Christ to be thankful.
Let our lives--no matter how hard-- be a sacrifice of praise to Him.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY OF 346,000+ HOMEBUILDERS!