It's harvest time and what would that be without taking a ride out to your local apple orchard and piling up on some freshly picked apples and pumpkins? We haven't gotten out to ours this year yet but I can't wait to visit it to whip up some of these favorite recipes below!
And even if you don't have an orchard near you be sure to take advantage of the great prices apples are right now and make some of these fall treats for your family:
Baked Apples with Raisins
6-8 medium sized baking apples cored
2 tbsp raisins
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
1/2 cup water or apple juice
1. Remove the top in of peel from each apple.
2. Mix the raisins and honey then spoon into center of apples.
3. Add additional honey and dot with butter (or coconut oil)
4. Place apples in slow cooker and add water. Cook on high for 3 and a half hours or low for 7-9 hours.
Spiced Apple Sauce
12 Cups pared, cored, thinly sliced cooking apples
1/2 cup honey
1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
1 cup water
1 tbsp of lemon juice
fresh grated nutmeg is optional
1. Place apples in slow cooker.
2. Mix the honey and cinnamon and mix it into with he apples. Stir in water and lemon juice, and nutmeg is optional.
3. Cover. Cook on low for 5-7 hours. Stir to desired consistency.
You can serve this hot or cold.
Apple Honey Tea
12 oz. can frozen apple juice or apple cider concentrate
2 tbsp instant tea powder
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Follow direction for juice and pour into the slow cooker.
2. Add tea powder, honey and cinnamon and then stir to blend.
3. Heat on low for 2 hours. Stir well before serving!
Tip: If you need to replace yours or just get a new slow cooker you can find some nice ones at Amazon that are on sale right now.
You can find more scrumptious Fall recipes over at our Fall Pinterest Board!
Happy slow cooking!
Note: This post contains affiliate links.