Thursday, September 3, 2015

How to Easily Add Character Training to Your Homeschool Day



"I want a way to combine more character training into my homeschool  day but just not sure how to do it. Between just teaching my kids the three R's---reading, writing and arithmetic, I feel that there is no time in the day to add it in. I know it is important but just struggle with trying to include it. Someone please help!"

If you are a homeschooling mom you have probably felt or thought the same thing down the line!


 I was recently at a homeschool conference and found this little gem:



This handy handwriting book incorporates character training along with handwriting to inspire your child. This is a great idea for moms already doing copywork with their children. They can include doing Bible verses with a page or more of this booklet.

*These pictures are from my phone and I am still figuring out how all the best settings so thanks for your patience! You can click on the pics below to see the pages up close.


Here is a quote on courage:

I can show courage by going against popular opinion when the marjority is saying what is wrong is right, and what is right is wrong. 



I can show humility by yielding my personal right to others quickly and cheerfully without offense. 

Humility is to make a right estimate of one's self.  -Charles Spurgeon




"I can show responsibility for my actions by taking the initiative to apologize for any wrongdoing. 

Do your duty in all things...You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less.

 -Robert E. Lee (to his son)



I am exciting about using this book with  my older children and hope that the verses will inspire them now and when they get older and remember them.  I know I will be inspired as I read along with them.

We also use other character training tools that I am looking forward to sharing about later. The most important thing I want you to know today is that our children will never be perfect. We always need to pray for them and try to do our best planting the seeds of God's Word into their lives.

This is our responsibility as parents and we need to not grow weary as we plant!

I will share a future post on what you can use for younger children soon---I hope this post was helpful to you as you look for tools to make your homeschooling easier!




You can find this book at Characterhandwriting.com.




Have a blessed day!















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our family does italic handwriting, so we purchased the character italic book. Great stuff! Plus, you get a bit of history--Who said it? When? What else did that person say and do? Etc. I love how all of education is inter-related. Each subject is related to all the others and to our creator God. Awesome!

Ang said...

The website that the handwriting book is on is confusing to me. It states that there is books that go along with Handwriting without tears. Which is the program we used to teach cursive. Do you know which book goes along with it?

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: