This year has been extremely trying for our family on several fronts. Many changes have taken place on all levels, including work related, moving, extended family, ill children, new baby, and so forth. I have talked with some of you about the weariness and discouragement that can take place when families are stretched due to changes in their lives or maybe because of the season that they are in and let me just say that I can completely relate.
I know that many deal with discouragement or depression from time to time, yes--we all can be prone to it. But one thing I always remember an old pastor of ours saying "You can be in a valley, but just don't pitch your tent there."
Then he would go on to explain that there are valleys in between mountains and sometimes we just have to go through the valley to reach the next mountain top.
One important weapon in the Christian life is knowing the Scriptures, we cannot go into battle without it. When my thoughts start getting tangled and confused I know that I need to shine light on it and the only place to find light is God's Word. Taking every thought captive is a command, not a just an optional suggestion. It is vital for us to maintain a healthy walk with God and in our relationships and that is why I am sharing 13 Bible verses to encourage you to persevere and NOT GIVE UP.
Here we go:
1. Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. -James 1:12
2. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. -Romans 5:3-5
3. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. -Galations 6:9
4. Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually! -1 Chronicles 16:11
5. As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good. -2 Thessalonians 3:13
6. Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. -James 1:2:4
7. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. -Proverbs 3:5-6
8. Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. -1 Peter 5:7
9. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. -1 Peter 5:8
10.Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2
11. No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13
12. Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. ... Romans 5:1:21
13. Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. -Hebrew 12:1
My prayer for you today is that if you are walking in a valley right now that you would keep your eyes fixed on the Lord. He has a plan for your life, so don't for one minute doubt what He is doing, even if it is hard. Remember that He can be trusted even when you might be feeling that your circumstances or others might be failing you.
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28
Ladies, I am praying for you today!