Thursday, September 25, 2014

Homeschool Wooden Animal Block Project

Since we are a homeschooling family we especially like when Fridays roll around because for us that means Friday Fun Day!

We like to use that day for crafts, projects, or outings--all of which the kids just love. Last week we put together robot, car, and plane kits for the boys and my girls made a special kit of paintable wooden animal blocks.

I chose the animal blocks for them because we planned to give them as a Christmas gift to their new little baby sister Isabella when the holidays roll around. I have been thinking about what kinds of projects we should do and I think it is wiser to get things that can be reused or gifted to someone special once they are done and not just for the sake of "craft day" so that way you get more for your money, time and effort.

Here is a picture of Isabella in case you haven't seen her, she will be seven months when she gets these blocks:




So I picked the Animal Adventure Block Kit at Target. I love wooden anything so I was quickly drawn to these.



What is nice about this kit is that you can paint both sides a different pattern!


So we chose a normal pattern for one side.



And then a colorful pattern for the other side. I think that it is cute because when she gets tired of one side the other is bright and eye catching.





Here they below are about to be packaged and wrapped. The girls were so excited about this Animal Block project and I am so glad we got a chance to do something special like this. I think that we will plan to make many more homemade Christmas gifts in the future.







 We hope you enjoyed our Friday Fun Day pictures!




What homemade Christmas gifts or special crafts do you like to make with your children for others?










6 comments:

Theresa said...

Love homemade gifts and your girls did a great job. I especially love how they did a traditional side and a fun, bright side. :)

grtlyblesd said...

We have a set of castle blocks from Etsy that we will begin painting soon, to go along with learning about castle times. :) Last year, we painted wooden penguins. Such a fun craft. Your little one will enjoy them for years to come! Did you coat them with something to make them chew safe?

Jennifer A said...

I love that you're using the crafts for gifts. That's one of the reasons I don't like doing crafts. I'll have to remember this though! Sweet post!

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

I loved that too--I will let them know what you said to encourage them!

Many blessings...

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Castle blocks sound exciting--I will have to look into that! I do need to think about what to cover them with. Thanks for the reminder!

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

I like easy crafts - not complicated crafts. With a large family we try to keep things as simple and stress free as possible. I don't like wasting money and so I will definitely look into more ideas that can be used for gifts especially with the holidays around the corner! Thanks for visiting!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: