Today we have a guest post by my sweet 15 year old daughter, Naomi who would love to become a professional photographer and baker one day:
Today I woke up and wanted to do something fun so I baked up cinnamon rolls.
Step 1. Add some whole wheat flour in the bowl.
2. Be sure to add baking powder.
3. Pour salt in and mix the dry ingredients together.
4. Cut in some shortening.
5. Add milk and mix with a rubber spatula until a soft-ish dough forms.
6. Roll it out, brush on some butter and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on it.
7. Shape into a log and cut it into rolls, then arrange in a pan and place in the oven.
8. Make frosting and generously spread all over the top.
9. And there you have it---NOW EAT THEM!!!!!!!
Here is the recipe:
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Rolls
2 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. shortening
1 c.milk (rice or soy milk can also be used)
Roll dough into a large flat rectangle, spread it with softened butter, sprinkle heavily with brown sugar and cinnamon.Then roll it into a log, slicing it in half-inch slices in a greased baked pan. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Then add icing generously to the top while still warm.
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
7 tablespoon butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 c. confectioners sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
Hope you enjoyed my post and hope you have a great day! ~Naomi
Hello! My name is Naomi, and I am 16 years old. I'm the second oldest daughter in our family. I like to bake, cook, sew, read, practice my photography skills, have fun and spend time with my friends and family. I like to learn new things, grow my skills and am usually up for a challenge- whatever it may be. I want to travel the world when I grow up, but am safe and happy at home right now.
"He says, 'Be still and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth"
Please also check our new book, Overwhelmed.