Some important tasks I am planning for the next few days would be:
- delegating and dispatching teams of children to organize all the toys/closets/clothes, etc.
- getting rid of unneeded items and simplifying
- taking down the Christmas decor and creating a fresh yet easy new look for next year
- picking out books that I want to intentionally read next year (I actually already started reading and so excited about this!)
- mindmap goals for 2013 for my spiritual walk, marriage, children, home church ministry, writing, and blogging.
- rest the soul, pray and ask God for wisdom and direction for 2013
Last night I stayed up late purchasing some books online to read for the New Year. One I am extremely excited about is this one and I am also still working on this one too. I plan to post a list of some of my favorite books for women very soon.
(Psssst---I found plenty of GA Henty books were free last night as well, if you like his books they make good reading for older children and great for adding in your homeschool literature reading as well. You can find it here.)
Today I also went over Psalm 135 and 136 with the children. I wanted to remind them to praise the Lord for all of their many blessings and to be thankful. It is so easy for them to get caught up in the materialism of the holidays that their hearts can easily stray from His truth. It is our jobs as parents to always lovingly lead them back to Him.
We also sang the following---And Can it Be, In Christ Alone and one of my favorites--O Church Arise. There is a part in there that I just love and it goes like this:
"Our call to war, to love the captive soul
But to rage against the captor
And with the sword that makes the wounded whole
We will fight with faith and valor
When faced with trials on every side
We know the outcome is secure
And Christ will have the prize for which He died
An inheritance of nations"
If you'd like you may listen to it here:
(Note: Don't forget to turn off the music player in the sidebar!)
What are your plans for this week?
I'd love to hear them!
I hope you have a blessed Christmas break!
Are you encouraged here? Then subscribe and never miss a post (it's free)!