Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Blessing of Good Friends


This lovely pic was taken just last week of me and some of my lovely lady friends you might recognize! We took a day to have lunch and tea at our sweet friend's home and then went Christmas shopping together.

It is so important to have good friends that you can laugh with, cry with, share burdens and pray with. It is so rare today, in a culture where neighbors barely know eachother--to find meaningful friendships that last, not to mention Christian friendships!



"Two are better than one,
   because they have a good return for their labor:

 If either of them falls down,
   one can help the other up.

But pity anyone who falls
   and has no one to help them up. 

 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
   But how can one keep warm alone?

Though one may be overpowered,  two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."


 -Ecclesiastes 4:9-12



Are you looking for friends or perhaps a church family?
Or just need a place to learn more about the Lord?

We would love for you to connect with us, just click here
or email us at newhopeindiana@gmail.com
(you can follow on Facebook HERE for updates and events) 

Pictured left to right: me ~June Fuentes, Susie Shock from Our Simple Farm and Rhonda Devine of Walking with Sarah.





**********

















Are you encouraged here? I personally invite you to subscribe and get the latest posts sent to your inbox. Also, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and get updates that are not posted here on the blog.







2 comments:

Gwen Ackerman said...

June, I have recently found your blog and I want you to know how thankful I am for your encouragement in being a Godly wife, motherhood,and homemaking.We are the only home schooling family in our church and it is really hard for me to share with other moms about these issues because they all choose to work outside the home and our church financially supports a local daycare and believes it is the right thing to do since times have changed.Could you please help me? I have shared with my husband that I feel that this church is not for us,we have visited others, he grew up in this church and his parents go there,he feels the same but I'm not sure he really wants to leave. I am really struggling with trusting him in this area. Could you give me some advice on how to be friendly and loving in a church that I don't want to be at. Some Sundays my attitude is horrible and I take it out on my husband. I don't want to do that anymore. My e-mail is gwenackerman3@yahoo.com.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Thanks for your sweet post ;) :) You know, i really appreciate the encouragement. I'm single, no kids etc...someday I hope God blesses me with those things..but I still firmly believe that us single gals can build a godly home, too :) :)

I appreciated the links you included at the end of the post. I looked up the New HOpe link. I'm familiar with New Hope Christian Fellowship in Oahu, Hawaii..in fact, that is how I met two dear friends that way, that now live in my old hometown in Oregon,

Friendship is a real blessing and not one to be dealt with lightly. My dad and I moved to the central coast of CAlifornia, after the economy in Oregon just got to be too much for us. We have found the sweetest, best, very biblically -grounded church and it's been a blessing. Friendships for me are really slow in coming. Too slow...but I am really desiring quality friendships over quantity, so I'm trusting God for that. Until then, God has been so good to bring Christian bloggers my way that have been an amazing encouragement and support system.

In any case, have a lovely, lovely week :) :) Thanks for writing this blog :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: