Monday, March 16, 2009
Prayers For Our Children
Jesus prayed to His Father. Jesus prayed for His disciples. Jesus prays for you and me. How much more should we pray for our children.
I will pray for my children:
1. That they will know Christ early in life. Psalm 63:1; 2 Timothy 3:15
2. That they will hate sin. Psalm 97:10
3. That they will be caught when guilty. Psalm 119:71
4. That they will be protected from the evil one in each area of their lives; spiritual, emotional, physical. John 17:15
5. That they have a responsible attitude in all their personal relationships.
6. That they will respect those in authority over them. Romans 13:1
7. That they will desire the right kind of friends and be protected from the wrong friends. Proverbs 1:10-11
8. That they will be kept from the wrong mate and saved for the right one.
2 Corinthians 6:14-17
9. That they, as well as those they marry, will be kept pure.
1 Corinthians 6:18-20
10. That they will learn to totally submit to God and actively resist Satan in all circumstances. James 4:7
11. That they will be single-hearted, willing to be sold out to Jesus Christ.
12. That they will be hedged in so they cannot find their way to wrong people or wrong places and that the wrong people cannot find their way to them. Hosea 2:6
You can see there are 12; one for each month. Within a year, you will have consistently prayed this entire list or you could also just pray for all twelve daily. Print this out and keep it somewhere you could pray for them---in your Bible, on the fridge, etc.
(Source by Carl and Audrey Broggi)