Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Stained Glass Masquerade

I have been listening to the words of this song by Casting Crowns lately and wanted to share with you:



I think it is so important that we do not put on a 'masquerade', we should not keep anyone from the Cross. I also think if we really want to be missional understanding this fact is crucial.

I mean how many people have come to church feeling like they had to be something they weren't? And how many were discouraged because they felt they didn't have it all together? How many felt so alone and no one to talk to?

Do not be afraid to show the REAL you
. Remember, you are a work in progress, no one, let me repeat---NO ONE has arrived in their walk with Christ. If we were perfect we would not need Jesus. I, for one, need Him immensely, because I am greatly flawed. No one has it all together, not authors of great books, not bloggers, no one in your church---it is really just all about Jesus. Behind the curtains and without Christ we all fall apart, because we can do nothing without Him.

I praise God for taking me in at my lowest. Imagine, if you will, a woman at her worst. Things that you would not ever think I was capable of...having done. The deepest darkest parts to me, only He knew----- and He still accepted me with the widest, most forgiving open arms that were full of the most merciful love I had ever seen and made me a new creation in Him. It is all HIS story, not mine,--I am not ashamed of it--- and one of these days I will share it all with you.

Thank you, Lord, for your amazing mercy and grace that I never, ever deserved.

4 comments:

to be made whole said...

No wonder why I adore you! You are REAL!! Thanks for your transparancy!

Diane Shiffer said...

i can so relate to this post... i have learned that pretending to be "the perfect Godly woman" not only prevents others from truly knowing me, it makes them feel inadequate. makes them feel that their own weaknesses, which in reality are probably very similar to mine, are somehow too horrible to be revealed. so this hiding hurts me, and it hurts my dear sisters in Christ as well.

may the Lord help me to be humble and loving enough to let His light shine through me in the way that He wishes... not the way that i think would be best.

((hugs)) and thanks for being willing to be open and vulnerable,
warmest thoughts,
diane

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Diane,

Those are wonderful points that you shared! And how true---self-exaltation vs. Christ exaltation really gets us no where.

Many blessings...

Shosannah said...

Thankyou, everything you said in this post is so true.
I am living it! Every day I meet my flaws head on and if it wasn't for Jesus in my life I would fail so much more than I do.
Blessings to you

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: