Monday, August 16, 2021

Tearing Down Our Homes




When I titled this blog-"A wise woman builds her home, but the foolish woman tears it down with her own hands." -Proverbs 14:1---I knew I had a great responsibility to share what the Lord has shown me through the years as a mother and wife. I want to stay true to the second part of this verse and share some very important advice with all you ladies and daughters out there.

One of the greatest factors I have seen in a woman tearing down here home and from my own personal experience as well, is simply not taking every thought captive. We allow sinful thinking to get the better of us and take over, and once the sinful thoughts are planted and sown it becomes fully manifested into a destructive monster that will quickly demolish our families and ourselves if we are not careful.


We must filter everything through the Word of God. We must purposefully and diligently rebuke every thought is not compatible with His Word. Ladies, this means not entertaining even the most fleeting of thoughts that might be out of line. We must understand that this is a battle we are fighting for our families. Satan wants to steal, kill and destroy and He wants your family. We must be on guard with something so important as our thought life. He know that if he can destroy the heart of the home, the rest will come crashing down.

I believe since we are such emotional creatures that we must be most diligent in this arena. Depression, mood swings, confusion and even death lie at our doorstep ready to devour us if we are not careful to obey God's word on this matter. Yes, I said death, physically it has been proven that what we think can kill us and spiritually because it can 'kill' our vibrant walk with the Lord.

Taking thoughts captive is not easy, just as a soldier might take an enemy hostage--there is conflict involved, I believe the soul warring with the mind--the Word of God vs. man's sinfulness. We must actively chase after wrong thinking, take it captive and be sure that it is not allowed freedom to destroy.

From the very beginning when that seed is small, the small lie whispers in our minds, we must rebuke it. But not just that, ladies, we must combat it with Scripture. Here are some example:

Sinful thought: I have too much on my plate, I can't handle all the pressure.

Biblical thought: With God all things are possible. (Matt 19:26)I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. (Isa 41:10) What He wants me to get done today, will get done, even if it's not what was on my list.

Sinful thought: Nobody helps me around here. I do all the work while everyone lays around doing nothing.

Biblical thought: The Lord is my helper. I must rely on Him for my strengths. Love is patient, Love is Kind.(i Cor 13:4) Help me be kind to those who might not be helping and show the light of Christ. Jesus came first to serve and not be served--help me to serve in my home like He did to the world. (Eph 6:7)

Sinful thought: I could have handled this situation much better than my husband did. He really messed things up. He always makes poor decisions.

Biblical thought: Love is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered. It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres. (I Cor 13:4,5,7) God wants me to be patient with my husband as he leads, even when he makes a wrong decision. Instead of blaming or being angry, I will use this time to pray for him instead. I understand that He is responsible to God for his leading, just as I am responsible for my response and my actions.

So, see ladies, this is crucial---we are tearing down our homes if we do not capture and replace sinful thoughts. We must know the Word, the double edged sword, to be able to combat the lies of this world and Satan. Jesus always used the Word, as it always shines light on darkness and brings things into a proper perspective. Without this sort of diligent 'weeding out', we can become highly susceptible to depression and growing a root of bitterness in our lives. This will ultimately result in the demise of ourselves and our precious families. We will be the portrait of the foolish woman in Proverb 14:1.

Choose today, dear moms and daughters, to take every thought captive in building up your homes---and remember---that your family is counting on you.


"But my eyes are fixed on you, O Sovereign Lord; in you I take refuge--do not give me over to death." Psalms 141:8


19 comments:

Katheryn said...

Thank you for this wonderful reminder of our weakness and God's strength. Our families are our ministry. We are the shining example for our children. They truly watch so much. I was just battling this same thing this week, so thank you for your kind words of encouragement and blessing.

Katheryn
www.momsservingchrist.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hello, I have been a lurker here for awhile, and I love your blog, I love it all.
And today, i really needed to read this. Thank you for the reminder!!!! I needed it so.
Blessings
shekinah

Unknown said...

Yes, yes and AMEN! These are the very things God has been teaching me. I am so glad someone wrote them down and shared them.

Sherry

Brenda said...

This is an EXCELLENT post! You said it just right! Thank you for this exhortation. Thank you for using God's word.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this post and the one it was linked to, I really needed it today.

Sue said...

Very true words. I remember when my children were small that I was often overwhelmed, like many Mothers often are, and I hung on to the Word that told me "all things are possible with Christ who strengthens me". Just saying that to myself would push me into action.
Thank you for your encouranging messages that you share here.
Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I really needed to hear what you've shared in this post.
Jo, a catholic christian

yoshi3329 said...

great post, as usual!

http://adlynmorrison.blogspot.com/

Rhonda Devine said...

Oh, this is so true. If Satan can capture our minds with lies, he has won the battle. God's Word is the remedy--but how often we neglect it and choose the latest talk show host propaganda instead. We cannot live victoriously if we are living on the world's "wisdom". Thank you for the reminder--I recall reading some of these as well in Nancy Leigh DeMoss's book, "Lies Women Believe".

Anonymous said...

A very timely reminder for me. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for this post!

Amy said...

I have been dealing with all of 2008 so far. I just finally had a break through and realization that give the evil thoughts a moments total turned my day upside down. Thanks you for your post its just another wonderful reminder from the Lord through you to keep His word in my mind and on my lips. Thank you!
Amy
www.amy-handful.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

Thank you so much for this post. I have been dealing with this very issue for several months now. My thoughts have gone wild and I am struggling to take every thought captive. Right now I am working on the memorization of Scripture and when my thoughts head south, I begin to repeat Scripute until I am back on track. Thanks for your honesty and devotion to our God.

Anonymous said...

I think I was just led to this blog because I needed to hear that just now...Thank you

~Bren~ said...

What an annointed post! Very inspired!

*I*Will*Rejoice!* said...

This is what I've been going through recently and I thank you so much for such an insightful post.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Your are so right and I really struggle with this whole area. I am under a lot of pressure with special needs children, no nearby family, all the appointments, etc. It all starts with thoughts that I have not taken captive and before I know it, I am ready to give up and run away(really). I am a sheep that needs to be constantly reminded to take my thoughts captive and that with God all things are possible. It is not all up to me to take care of my/ our lives either. Thank God the pressure is all on Him and he can handle it. I need to let Him carry my burdens more. Thanks again.

His Talmidat said...

I came across your blog yesterday while googling Prov 14:1. A few days after you posted, but it was perfect for what I was dealing with. In combination of all the things God has been giving me and teaching me, your post helped me in my first day of not turning on the pity party. Victory number 1! Thank you, I truly enjoyed my day and it did not go how I wanted. Yipee!

Unknown said...

I happened by accident to find this post, tonight, three years later and it was JUST what i needed. The Lord KNOWS what we need. thanks for a lovely post. love this blog; have followed the other one forever; how did i not know about this one? new follower here too!

LisaMayers said...

just thought i'd pop by after a while and WOW1 This comment is so on point right now! I'm a a devoted wife and mum to five and I recognise I'm in a season where I'm under heavy assault but know that Satan seeks to exploit any little areas of weakness in my thoughtlife. Thank you Mrs Fuentes, the Lord spoke through your post. x

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: