"Be still and know I am God." Psalm 46:10
When was the last time you were just still? To hear complete quietness and doing absolutely nothing except meditate on this verse?
Have you stilled your mind?
Have you stilled your heart?
Have you stilled your soul?
Busyness reigns in our fast-paced world today---but Christians need to take the time to meditate and reflect on God's Word. We cannot hear God's voice if our minds are running so quickly trying to 'get it all done'. We want to be in communion with Him on a day to day, minute to minute basis. You can't do that with radios blaring, phones ringing and an overloaded schedule. What is He trying to speak with you today? His gentle voice might be nudging you to:
1. Spend more time relishing His word and fellowshipping with Him in prayer and stop living in idolatry putting other things before Him.
2. Stop neglecting your husband because you are so busy with the children and/or other endeavors. Begin respecting him by putting him on the throne of your heart (after God, of course). True respect begins there and is not just an outward act 'because you have to.'
3. To train your children and make it a PRIORITY to bring Christ to them in a real way. If you are mentoring someone at church and not your children, you need to repent.
4. Repent of that private sin(s) that only you and the Lord know about. Yes, it may be the thousandth time you brought it to Him, but this time it needs to be for good. Remember that godly sorrow brings repentance, but worldly sorrow doesn't.
5. To desire and begin to cultivate a gentle and quiet spirit. The false beauty of this world screams at us to be loud, aggressive, and proud. This is not true beauty---we need to reject this wordly philosophy. Humility is beautiful.....meekness is too.
6. To stop overeating. Just stop. You can do it. No excuses.
7. To keep promises you have made to others and to Him. You are learning to build godly character by doing so.
8. To control your tongue (by doing this you must also have control over your heart). The sharp tongue belongs to the foolish woman who 'tears down her home'.
Begin to work on these things now! It is so easy to step away from the computer and forget all the valuable things we have learned. We can be forever searching for 'meat' but forgetting as soon as we have partaken in it. Take a mental inventory of what needs to be done in your life. With this being the first day of October--the fresh start to a new month---let's take this wonderful opportunity to refresh and renew ourselves and our walks in the Lord for...
He is the God of second chances!