Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Large Family Dynamics






Many people ask me with their mouths gaping wide, just 'how we do it' in a family of ten that includes a set of baby twins. Well, it has been a joyful journey of learning with God by our side gently showing us the way. Driving a 12 passenger van with six car seats in it can be viewed somewhat like a circus event when we arrive at our destination and 10 people come tumbling out with big smiles to greet the world.

 Yes, I do end up having to purchase many cases of diapers and wipes and an ungodly amount of formula (yes, they were not meant to have formula anyway but severe illness forced me to stop nursing). But there is nothing in the world that compares to coming home and seeing all those little tiny faces welcoming me and cherishing me with hugs full of love.

 Organization has been an enemy that I have been trying to slay for the past year not because I dislike it but instead for lack of time when they were smaller, for nothing can set you more into a tailspin more than a new precious set of beautiful baby boy twins. Its not quite as hard as everyone told us it might be, I suppose if they were my first then I would have had my work cut out for me but with them being #7 & #8, we had plenty of hands to help out to hold babies and fetch various odds and ends. 

 Living in a large family is such an adventure considering I was raised as an only child myself. I've truly had to learn on the sly just what it takes to run a home with many children and how it can operate like a well oiled machine if I put prayer and time into planning. 

This post is just an introduction of articles that will come in the future regarding running a large home. Some topics I will sharing will be: 

 Large Family Organization 

Large Family Scheduling 

Large Family Homeschooling 

Large Family Laundry 

Large Family Cooking 

Large Family Shopping 

Large Family Hospitality 

I am looking forward to sharing with you and for those of you with large families.

I am looking forward to hearing from you as well!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's amazing to me how larger families do the day to day. For the last year my husband and I have been contemplating having another child (it would make 4 altogether). But we can't seem to get around the dynamics of how I would be able to homeschool my older children with a new child in the home. Or that my emotional recovery time (postpartum depression) has been extensive with each child. I don't have any local examples in which to draw from, since those mothers have chosen to send their children to school and work outside the home. I certainly don't want to take away from my other children. So we are beginning to feel that that door is being closed for us. If you might have any advice for me please email me at dapplebury@gmail.com

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: