Friday, June 15, 2007

Decorating the Palace




Now that summer has arrived I finally have a chance to turn my creativity and focus my attention towards decorating my home. I usually need time to think about how I want to decorate something and lots of inspiration as decorating does not come very naturally to me as to some. I do love the Victorian look and seek to implement some of it in my home as monies allow. Yesterday I bought a chandelier at a garage sale for $8, I can't wait to put it up.


However you go about decorating your palace this summer, make sure it is a place full of things you love and make you feel comfortable. Sometimes I think we get so caught up in trying to copy a designer's style that we lose that special, personal touch of creating a home that is uniquely ours. Remember what we put on our walls have a comforting and refining effect (or opposite) on our family, make sure not to forget to put up Bible verses and art that inspires and stirs up the soul.

No comments:

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: