Thursday, December 14, 2006

Loving Our Husbands





"These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, to live wisely and be pure, to take care of their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the Word of God." -Titus 2:4-6

As I think about my husband, I know that he is a godly man. I don't want to take that for granted. He has loved me through the good, bad and ugly and he continues to love me; making me even more lovable. I want to respect him to my children and by the way I treat him.

Sometimes even having to apologize when I have that awful "slip" of the tongue. He is so hardworking and really requires nothing of me. I love to make a nice hot meal for him when he comes home and massage his back. I try to make an effort to make the home peaceful because it is a sacred refuge to him when he comes home from working a long, hard day. It is all those little things that count. Some perfume and makeup, a joyful countenance.

 How we use our words to breathe life into situations and uplift his spirit. He needs encouragement because he surely is not going to get it outside our doors at his work. His soul needs refreshing and renewing and our home is the place for us to do this. I love my husband and want others to see how happy I am with him. I am a blessed woman!

Thank you God....


(Written in 2004)






















Are you encouraged here? I personally invite you to subscribe and get the latest posts sent to your inbox or RSS feed! Also, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and get updates that are not posted here on the blog.




No comments:

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: