The other day I shared a popular post on our Facebook fan page and a sweet mom shared:
"I said to God the other night " Lord, I feel I am fighting a battle I can't win with my children. "They are in mainstream school (nearly teenagers), everywhere I look there's bad influences - tv, school, games, even books being read in English lessons at school! I feel overwhelmed at times. I wish I could afford to send them to a Christian school."
But whether you have your child in a public school, Christian school, or homeschool that battle can still remain. And we need to fight for our families!
Like I mentioned in the popular post that was shared:
"Dear parent, did you know?
There is a battle. A war that is going on this very minute.
A battle being waged for the souls of your children.
It is in the spiritual realm...you cannot see it.
But it is there. "
The Bible informs us:
"Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I cam that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10
This goes for the rest of our family too--and we need to:
- PRAY - lift up all our needs and concerns to Him because He knows and don't forget fasting too.
- LOOK TO GOD'S WORD - what does His Word say about my family?
- TAKE ACTION - don't stand by idly but take action! Whether we need to show more love and compassion to our family members or steering our children away from bad influences, we need to not grow weary or give up--but take it to the Lord's feet and be strengthened through Him.
The three areas of importance are:
1. OUR HUSBANDS - It is easy to put our husbands on the backburner and neglect his needs (especially if you have children). Our marriages are important and need to be protected.
An excellent wife who can find?
She is far more precious than jewels.
The heart of her husband trusts in her,
and he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good, and not harm,
all the days of her life.
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself it's Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.
2. OUR CHILDREN - We might see areas that need work or can be improved in our children's life and we need to be diligent to make the changes for them. Sometimes that change begins with us and how we parent. Are we being too permissive, are we turning a blind eye to sin, etc. Whatever it is make sure to pray and ask God to show you what needs to be done and HOW it should be done.
"Train up a child in the way he should go'
even when he is old he will not depart from it."
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.
"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. "Honor your father and mother" (this is the first commandment with a promise), "that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land." Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."
3. OUR EXTENDED FAMILY - Is there contention or strife in this area? We need to show love to our extended family even if it is hard or whether we think they deserve it or not. God did not say that we would live a life of comfort and ease. Taking up our cross and loving extended family is commanded.
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent His only Son into the word, so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not what we have loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also out to love on another..."
~1 John 4:7:21
Dear friends, our prayer for you today is for your family.
Don't get discouraged--
Don't give up --
and don't grow weary!
FIGHT FOR YOUR FAMILIES!
He will guide you with His wisdom and give you strength!
Can we pray for you?
If so, please share how in the comments below.
If you'd like more encouragement on this topic, we highly recommend our book.
If you need encouragement from other godly women, come join us HERE.
Psssst....ladies, don't forget to enter our Special Mother's Day giveaway!
Note: This post contains affiliate links--thanks for your support!