Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mother is Missing from the Home



An interesting occurrence is taking place in homes throughout the land.

Mother is missing.

No, I am not talking about the mother who works or the mother who has passed away.

I am talking about your everyday mom and the  video below states what I am talking about clearly (even though it is shed in a humorous light):







 (Note: please turn off the music at the bottom of the blog before watching)

Yes, there is a pull from Satan to pluck mothers out of the home so that she cannot raise her children effectively. Satan has found yet another way to distract us! It is through our online use.

 It is very easy to set out to do a simple task that should only take a few minutes and then get sucked into the world of being online--Facebooking, tweeting, blogging and the list goes on and before you know it you have lost precious time out of your day.

The danger is very real so we need to truly guard our time online.

For some of us it is easier said than done. Many of us have businesses and so forth that we run online. As a blog consultant I even teach people how to use the internet, but I also try to be careful to give some wise advice to go along with it.

I like to suggest that if you need to be online there are services out there to help you manage your day more effectively. There are sites like Hootsuite that help you schedule out updates so that you can have an online presence while minimizing presence time online.
 
Sometimes we may need accountability (your husband is a good person to oversee), others might just need to take a break and some will feel convicted to get offline altogether. Others find using a timer and scheduling short spurts to go on is helpful. Pray and ask God what would be best for you and then actually listen and do what He is nudging your heart to do.


Social networking and the internet is a wonderful tool to master,

but don't let it master you!

Protect your home and family time, dear Mamas!

Manage your days and don't let what is treasured be stolen from you.

It is precious and you won't get those fleeting lost moments back.


************

















Are you encouraged here? I personally invite you to subscribe and get the latest posts sent to your inbox. Also, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and get updates that are not posted here on the blog.
  

 

14 comments:

it's the Caffeine said...

Thank you. I have been struggling with this exact problem and failed to do the most simple thing - pray. I know what my quiet moments will be today. time to reclaim being mommy at home!

Robin said...

This definitely is a new area of distraction for us moms! I found it helpful to take a "holiday" from my blog and facebook for a couple of months this winter. I tried not to read blogs either, though there were a few that I get on e-mail. I came back with a much better realization of how important - or not - this really is, and have found it much easier not to get "roped in" to spending too many hours online.

Mandy said...

Thank you for the reminder. I used to play games on facebook. I've stopped, but still spend too much time on the computer. I'm working on spending less time online and more time with the kids. Some days I do better than others.

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Dear it's the Caffeine,

That's wonderful and I will pray for you as well!


Many blessings...

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Dear Robin,

Great ideas!

I have found the same---real life it much more fun and exciting, why waste it being online?

Many blessings...

OrchidsandLaundry said...

Amen! I agree wholeheartedly! I think is is a struggle for many mothers. "Online" gives an outlet for friends and fellowship at home so many overlook the fact that they really are not available to their children. As a Mom to 9 ,I always cringe when I see an online Mom who is claiming to be a mother and homemaker when she is obviously online a good portion of the day.

Rhonda Devine said...

good words of warning and wisdom, June:) And, my husband has been a tremendous help to me in this area. Sometimes time slips away before we know it and we don't realize how much time is involved until we set a time limit--then it's very eye-opening to say the least!

Large Family Small World said...

Thank you for the reminder. It can be so easy to sit down for "just a minute" and get sucked in, or just not realize what I'm missing out on. It is something I struggle with regularly.

Beth said...

This was a needful post. Thank you for being bold enough to address the "touchy" issues. When we do that, the Lord is free to really work in us!

Tara said...

Thank you for this much needed reminder! I recently sat down with pen and paper and made a list of all the things I think I need to accomplish on a daily basis. Then I prioritized each activity by assigning numbers (1 for most important, etc) It really helped me to restructure my day in a way that I felt was more pleasing to God and less frivolous with my time.

krankemommy said...

That song brought tears to my eyes-tears of conviction! I waste so much time each day sitting on the computer. I might be "staying" at home with my kids, but that's not the same thing as being a stay-at-home-mommy. Thank you for this post!!!

miranda said...

As a homeschooling mamma of seven children, I made the choice to get off Facebook back in October.
I thought I could use FB for the good, encourage my friends but the truth was it griped me.
You can read about why on my blog
here: http://fruitfulabundance.blogspot.com/2011/10/im-back.html

Kristy @ Little Natural Cottage said...

Thank you for this, Mrs. Fuentes.
This is a big area of struggle for many of us mothers of young children who also blog.

I have recently had to cut back on my online and blogging time, simply because I felt it was robbing my family of my time, attention, and focus.

Being a successful blogger is not worth the trade of losing out on shaping and training my young children.

Adeline said...

This is such a wonderful post & this is so true. This is one way through which satan tries to deceive us and take away our time!Thank you for sharing this!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: