Thursday, October 3, 2019

Titus 2 Time: What Does the Bible Say about a Foolish Person?





I wanted to start doing some more Bible studies here so that we can look closely at the Word and think about it through the week. I am going to share some that I have done at home with the kids that I already have on hand. They will be simple, one post, and to the point! If we want to be wise women who fear the Lord we have to know His Word and study it.

Today I want to look into some Bible verses about the foolish man. It is so important to learn about what God views as foolish so that we don't make the mistakes that a foolish person does. It is wise to read these verses and apply them to your life and then also help your children to learn them too. 


Here are a few verses:

Proverbs 21:20 


Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man's dwelling, but a foolish man devours it.

Matthew 7:26 

And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.


Luke 12:16-21 


And he told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man produced plentifully, and he thought to himself, ‘What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?’ And he said, ‘I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.’ But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ ...








Luke 16:11


If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches?

Proverbs 14:29 


 

Whoever is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly.


Proverbs 14:16 



One who is wise is cautious and turns away from evil, but a fool is reckless and careless.

Proverbs 13:16 



In everything the prudent acts with knowledge, but a fool flaunts his folly.















Psalm 14:1 


To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.












Proverbs 14:1


The wisest of women builds her house, but folly with her own hands tears it down.











Proverbs 29:11 

 

A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.







Proverbs 27:22 


Crush a fool in a mortar with a pestle along with crushed grain, yet his folly will not depart from him.




Proverbs 27:3 


A stone is heavy, and sand is weighty, but a fool's provocation is heavier than both.

Proverbs 26:10 


Like an archer who wounds everyone is one who hires a passing fool or drunkard.

Proverbs 26:1 


Like snow in summer or rain in harvest, so honor is not fitting for a fool.

Proverbs 23:9 


Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, for he will despise the good sense of your words.


Proverbs 19:24 


The sluggard buries his hand in the dish and will not even bring it back to his mouth.


Proverbs 18:2 



A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.








Proverbs 16:1-33 


The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit. Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established. The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble. Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished. ...

Proverbs 15:12 


A scoffer does not like to be reproved; he will not go to the wise.



Proverbs 14:24 


The crown of the wise is their wealth, but the folly of fools brings folly.



Proverbs 14:16 


One who is wise is cautious and turns away from evil, but a fool is reckless and careless.












Feel free to print these out so that you can study them over the week!





You can find more Bible verses on foolishness HERE.



ACTION STEPS


-After studying some of these verses do you recognize any foolish traits in your life?

-What do you need to change?

-Do you see any of these traits in your children that need to change?

-Start new today by studying for yourself how a wise person lives and teaching them to your children.






PRAYER


Dear God, You are mighty and holy and I thank You for all that You have done in my life. Please show me this week and throughout the rest of my life if there are areas of folly that need to replaced with wisdom. Please forgive me if I have been foolish in the past.  Help me to obey your Word and listen to wise counsel. Direct me on the paths that you have for me and help and my children me not to go astray in my flesh or follow after worldliness. Thank you for all that you have shown me about being a foolish person and please give me the strength to apply what I have learned. I pray this in Jesus' name--Amen.












No comments:

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: