Thursday, August 18, 2016

When Life Isn't Fair



Have you had a very hard week?

Has life just got you down and you look around at life and think that things are just unfair?

Maybe you are wondering why someone is prospering even though they are living a sinful life.

Or why someone who gave their whole life to serving others died suddenly or early in life.

Or maybe you are just wondering why you can't seem to get ahead no matter how hard you try.

As I mentioned earlier this week I have been going through some ups and downs myself. I lost my dad this summer and now having some health issues that are affecting me on a daily basis. We had a major house issue that strained our finances. And then even more bad news came flowing in from different sources.

Honestly,  it was easy to begin to feel that things are unfair and wonder where God was in all of the mess.  But I knew that I couldn't let my mind go there. I knew from past experience that I always want to remember to be grateful because I know that it could be much worse. I am truly grateful for the little things in life and hopeful for what the future holds since God is in charge of it all (the messy and the ugly) and not me.

I know I can trust Him with my life--the good parts and especially the bad. 


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding."

~Proverbs 3:5

Last week I was encouraged when I listened to this sermon, When Life Isn't Fair. I know that the Lord wanted me to post this so that someone out there would be encouraged. I know I definitely was!


Here it is:






Something that Pastor Mark mentions that we need to not ever forget---

"Life is unfair but God is always faithful."

Remembering this truth helps us keep the focus on him and not the problems around us. We need to be centered on God's Word and not on negative thinking that wants to steal our attention.

Here are some the four points he highlights that will help from the book of James:


1. Watch Out : Especially to avoid the money trap


2. Don't Give Up: Because justice is on the way.


3. Don't Grumble: Resist giving in to an attitude of complaining.


4. Stay Inspired: Remember that perseverance comes with blessing



Watch the video to get all the details behind the points --you won't be disappointed! (And you might even squeeze in a laugh along the way.)

And know that if you are struggling right now that I am praying for you to trust in the Lord and HIS ways. 












4 comments:

KiwiCat said...

Thank you, I really needed this. On Christmas Eve, my boyfriend's family was killed by a drunk driver. I have been in a constant state of grief since then. I've let it effect my life including my job. I've in just the last couple of weeks, started to pick up and put the pieces back together. This post was really motivating. :)
Kiersten @ Autumn Country Girl

Blessed Homemaking said...

Praying for you, June ♥

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing this as it's truly important for every woman to know!
I'm in hospital with relapse due to my SPMS and needed this...Stay blessed sister and keep writing!
Much love and peace! Alli B.

Anonymous said...

Stay blessed sister! I needed this article as I'm in hospital with a relapse due to my SPMS and needed this article! Thank you so much for writing this!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: