Thursday, December 3, 2015

Hearty Sausage Cheese Potato Omelette {Gluten Free}




One of my favorite healthy foods are eggs. I love eating them and so do the kids and we can go through a ton of them in just a week!

I usually just like to eat my eggs scrambled with seasonings and sometimes with cheese. but I have been blessed on many occasions by one of my omelette-loving daughters who will make me the most incredible omelettes at just the right time and place (thank God for daughters who know their way around a kitchen!). I have even shared her omelettes on Facebook before!

But today I would like to share a gluten free Hearty Sausage Cheese Potato Omelette recipe with you. I know that sometimes it can be hard to find something that is gluten free since popular breakfast usually include something with gluten in it like toast, muffins, bagels, etc.

The great thing about this recipe is the sausage-- it includes the new Johnsonville Naturals Maple Breakfast Sausage.





(Johnsonville Naturals provide a clean and simple label and do not contain artificial ingredients, flavors, colors or preservatives. The line focuses on high quality, natural ingredients, such a premium cuts of meat and flavorful spices to deliver great taste people expect from America's leading sausage brand.)


 I know that you probably didn't know that some sausages can be mixed with seasonings that contain gluten and if you are sensitive, like me and my daughter,  or have celiac and that is a big no-no. That is why this sausage is such a great choice! They also sell brats, Italian sausage and a regular breakfast sausage as well, you can find them HERE. As you can see from the picture above the words "NATURALS' is easy to see so they are easy to find and distinguish from their regular line.

I am mentioning that because sometimes it can be tough shopping for items that are gluten free (can anyone relate?) so I am soooo grateful they made it easy to find!

Here is the yummy recipe. The ingredients below can be increased or decreased according to your preference.


INGREDIENTS


  •  4 to 6 eggs (depending how large your pan and appetite is)
  • dash of milk
  • cooked chopped onion 
  • 1/4 cup cubed potatoes (cooked)
  • 1/2 cup Johnsonville Natural sausage (cooked and sliced)
  • 1/4 cup cubed extra chopped tomatoes, fresh spinach, or your choice of veggies
  • sour cream
  • shredded cheese (your favorite)
  • garlic salt or Himalayan salt
  • pepper
  • butter or coconut oil

1. Put eggs in bowl and scramble. Add dash of milk and mix. 

2. Heat skillet and add butter or coconut oil. Then add eggs.

3. Wait for the edges to firm up a bit and then add sausage, potatoes, and veggies. Add salt and pepper.

4. Flip one side over very carefully with a spatula. Before doing this my daughter sometimes will add in a dollop of sour cream to her omelettes to make them richer. 

5. Cook until inside is just how you want it. Slide it out onto a plate and top with your favorite shredded cheese. Sometimes my daughter will even top it with some pesto sauce. Mmmmm!










I hope you like it!















This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.



AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: