Friday, February 6, 2015

When You Are Just Hanging by a Thread: How to Stay in the Race





As I mentioned earlier this week, Founders Week (free conference) at Moody Church has begun. If you have been struggling with running the race, and feeling like you are just handing by a thread--you might want to hear Nancy Leigh Demoss' session that was just released on video where she reminds of God's Word to consider Him so we don't become so weary and give up:





I have been talking to several women lately who have been going through very hard times. I want to encourage you to know that what can help most is remembering God's Word as a filter to help you through these tough times. Here are three quick ways to help you:

1. Pray - Get on your knees and cry out to the one who can save you and help you in the storm. He already knows what you are going through. Remember while others may disappoint you that He is always there for you and will never forsake you.

2. Seek God's Word - Sometimes we are going through hard times because we are not looking at life from a proper perspective. Sometimes we are and the situation is still looking pretty bleak. Either way God's word is a light in the darkness and we have hope when we look to it. God uses trials and hard times to shape us in His character or to even reveal what needs to be worked on in our lives. Praise the Lord that we are always growing in Him and that He loves us enough to see us through it all to the end.

3. Get Wise Counsel - The body of Christ was meant to be a blessing, seek out your pastor, a biblical counselor or a wise Christian friend who won't steer you wrong. Iron sharpens iron and it has been a blessing to me when I have had someone help guide me or given me a firm word that I needed to hear. Praise God for true help that comes from a heart of love and wanting to see restoration.

Here are some Bible verses to encourage you:

 "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.-Galations 6:9 
  "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."  2 Timothy 4:7

 "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

 "Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."  1 Corinthians 15:8

 "Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." `Romans 12: 11~12





I hope this blesses you to get your mind back on His path!





What have you been struggling with lately?  Leave a comment below so we can pray for you!








 http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=AWiseWomanBuildsHerHome 




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for the encouragement.... and thru our struggles, we can still bless others. praise Him!

Jills Home Remedies said...

Wonderful, encouraging advice!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this post! I visit your blog often, but I haven't in a while because I have been struggling lately with a big challenge in life, and my time has been taken up with so many other things. Sometimes it feels like this challenge has taken all of my faith, joy, and internal peace. I see a light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak, but it feels like a long way off. I had a few minutes this morning, and just "wandered" over here. I think this post was meant for me to see. It gave me the encouragement I needed today!

Blessings,
Jaclyn

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you...our family is a wreck and I fear for my older children spiritually and emotionally. It's all I can do to not bawl through my day.

Anonymous said...

Please pray for my me and my husband..we have been separated for 3 months now and he has gone and live with another woman..it's been hard as a have 2 beautiful kids below the age of 7 and this has been quite an emotional time for the family especially for the kids.please pray for my family and I have absolute faith that only Jesus can restore my marriage

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: