Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Story of Three Mothers



First, the Story of Three Masons

Once a man came upon three rock masons at work. "What are you doing?" he asked of them.

"I am carving these stones into the different sizes wanted," answered the first.
"I am earning six dollars a day," replied the second.
"I am helping to build a great cathedral." commented the last.

Only he had caught the vision of the great work that he was helping to do!

Now, the Story of Three Mothers:

Once a woman came upon three mothers at work. "What are you doing?" she asked of them.

"I am doing the weekly washing," answered the first.
"I am doing a bit of household drudgery," replied the second.
"I am mothering three young children who some day will fill important and useful spheres in life, and wash-day is a part of my grand task in caring for these souls who shall live forever," replied the third.

Only she had caught the vision of the great work she was doing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this. I tend to look at it as "household drudgery".

Dawn said...

I have gotten both of those stories in my e-mails before. Very short wise words that are too the point. Sometimes doing the same things over and over and not getting appreciated for it drives me crazy and makes get to the point where I don't care about what my home looks like (deep down I do though)...however whenever I get like that I think of that Bible verse that says "whatsoever ye do, do it as unto the Lord". Also I know that when I am serving my husband and taking care of his needs, I am taking care of the Lord. That really wakes me up :)

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Today I found your pretty site, and I have a question for you, is there an e-mail where I can reach you?

Martha said...

Such a good reminder. Also a reminder when dealing with little problems with our children. So many times we can look at them and say it is just a little attitude - or a little disobedience - but we will be far more effective if we remember WHY we are training our children - It is not for the here and now - it is for life and a life (Lord Willing) of ministry and serive to the King. Thanks for the reminder. I love your site.

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Tami--sometimes I do too---encouragement is good for the soul!

Dawn Marie--Amen!

Maribel--I try not to give out my email or I can get swamped with writing people back. If you post yours, I will be happy to write you personally.

Jane--You are so right about 'a little disobedience' we all need a good reminder, especially me!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: