Thursday, December 14, 2006

Rethinking Relationships




Good morning again,

May I share some more thoughts bouncing about in my head?

Yes, God has me focused on relationships this season. And He helped me to reevaluate some wrong thinking. In the past, I had always met with other women for coffee, lunch for mentoring or fellowship purposes.

All of which was fine it itself, however, I was viewing these relationships as more important than my children and family at some times, though if you asked me back then I would have never
admitted it (PRIDE).

God has really turned my heart to my children and has allowed me to see that I need to take my daughters out. That I need to make the same 'special time' with them to knit our hearts together and bond in an eternal way. Yes, I homeschool, I am with them all day. But that is not the same as say, going on a date with your daughter and making her feel special and having those intimate talks while no one is around.

I know someday that my daughter will read about what a Titus 2 woman is like and I want her to not have to search for that woman. But to know that woman is right next to her, her mother and best friend. It is so sad that so many women do not have this. I, myself, have searched almost in vain. I have come to the conclusion that I must be all that I had wanted to my dear daughters and future, precious daughter-in-laws. I know I will fall short in many areas but I will try my best and it will be a new generation that gets to reap the fruit of my perserverence.

I know, I know, I have rambled on enough. I think I see so many unhealthy Christian women relationships. Much jealousy, envy, tongue-lashing and the like while I see the family being neglected and ignored. It touches a cord with me.

I can't wait to bless my grown children, but I know that the biggest blessing begins now with prayer, love, and living by example. I am thankful that God continues to show me my priorities.

(Written in 2004)






















Are you encouraged here? I personally invite you to subscribe and get the latest posts sent to your inbox or RSS feed! Also, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and get updates that are not posted here on the blog.




No comments:

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: