" Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust.
Make me know the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul."
I know that how well a morning goes can make or break a day for some of you.
I wanted to share a bit of my morning routine to help you if you are struggling in this area. These are a few tips that have helped me over the years, especially with our large family. Now it was always a bit different depending on season and what age children there were, but this is what we do now and it works beautifully for us.
We used to do a schedule in the early years but I have learned that a routine works better for me now. I prefer not to be locked into one and a routine is so much more flexible where you can create time blocks for the things you really want to do.
Here are some life savers for me in having an easier morning:
1. Have food ready - I always try to make sure that when I go shopping during the week I always buy a lot of food, especially to cover breakfast. It helps to wake up and know that you don't have to run out in the morning and allows you to get more done at home. I have different children help make the breakfast in the morning too. This helps them too learn to cook and serve which are two important life skills that they will use the rest of their lives.
2, Make sure the children know the routine - To ensure a smooth morning, the children all know what what they need to do. They have a list of what to do in the morning to get ready (wash up, change into day clothes, fix beds, etc. ) and they know to begin their Bible time and school as soon as that is done. This way time is not wasted with them wandering around, asking you questions, playing, etc.
3. Plan your day and week - I like to use a Calendar and Note app on my smartphone to make sure I know what lies ahead during the week and include everything from shopping lists, working online, kid events, work schedules, and homemaking on it.
4. Prayer and Bible - Always make sure you start the day out right with God. I use my Bible app for this. If you are extra busy you can even use the app to read it out loud to you while you get ready.
5. A basic routine in place - Know what is important to you in the morning and plan it into your routine. Things like Bible time, exercising, computer time planning might be a priority. Try not to schedule things that are not important during this time like checking email if you don't have to.
6. **BONUS TIP** - be sure to always have coffee and creamer ready to go. There have been days when I am out of coffee or creamer and that is not the way I want to start off. I want to make sure that I always have what I need get the morning off to the best start and that means, for me, that there needs to be coffee!
Here is my cup of joe this morning that I am brewing that is pouring into my new Pioneer Woman mug that I got last week.
She has so many cute patterns!
(Affiliate links are included in this post)
Have you seen the rest her NEW line of kitchen and bakeware? It is so beautiful! Take a look:
So we are happy to announce that we are giving away a surprise gift card to Walmart for someone to win some Pioneer Woman goodness!
You can enter below:
I hope you win!
Please share this giveaway so your friends can enter too!